JD x320 vs Kubota T2380

/ JD x320 vs Kubota T2380 #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
The situation:

My grandma is going to be buying one of these this week. She currently has a JD lt133 that is 10years old that she will be trading in as well as a kk 5' 3ph mower. Both in good shape. Both dealers are decient to deal with. The 'bota dealer is the one that I bought my 3400 from and is also the one that my brother is waiting on delivery from for his $14000 RTV. They are really good to work with.

I don't have much experience with the JD dealer but they were good to talk to and helpful. However, the deere dealer came out to look at her trades and I was a little dissappointed at the qoute. They qouted here sight unseen $1000 for both trades. He looked at them and confirmed that the $1000 is what they would give. 700 for the 133 and 300 for the KK. We told him upfront what kubota we were looking at to give us his best price and if kubota couldn't beat it we would buy the deere. Well his quote is

tractor 4037
tax 263
trade -1000
total cash $3300.

It just doesn't seem like a real deal to me when the MSRP is 4099 and I feel the KK is worth a little more. Considering they are selling the tractor @ list price and taking a kk in great shape that will probabally be sitting on their lot for 600-700 next week.

The kubota dealer is going to take a look at the trades either wednesday or thursday when he delivers my brothers RTV.

So basically what do you guys think of the quote on the JD??

And which mower do you feel is better and why?? Pros and cons??

The JD is a kawasaki motor and the bota is a kohler

Pros for the JD- very easy deck removal and greasable bearings
Pros for kubota- suspension and servicable hydraulics

The bota also has 2 counter rotataing blades as to the JD's traditional 3 blade. I dont know if this is better or not?

So what do you all think??