Kubota G2160

/ Kubota G2160 #1  

daBear

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800
I am fixing to pull the trigger on a Kubota G2160 diesel garden tractor with 54" deck, 4wd, shaft dirve, etc, etc for $8,729 out the door price. Hows about that sports fans. I think it is a good deal, especially with 2.9 x 48 mo financing.

/ Kubota G2160 #2  
That's about 400 under list. The G series is not 4wd though. I would think you could do a little better this time of year.

/ Kubota G2160 #3  
Then again if that includes sales tax maybe not a bad deal.

/ Kubota G2160
I was mistaken about the 4WD, its the GR 2110 that is all wheel drive. The Kubota website list the G2160 for $9200 without opitons or attachments. So the price I am getting of $8729, tax title and delivered seems okay to me.

/ Kubota G2160 #5  
When I went to look at a G last month, my dealer had none and said they are discontinued. Replaced by GR series.

No 4x4 or AWD. No diff lock. Soooooooo, I went with the BX1860 for a little more. If all you are ever going to do is mow grass on a very level lawn, you will be fine. If you have need for more than one wheel driving the traction, pushing snow, doing any other kind of work, the G series isn't designed for anything more. Just sayin'

/ Kubota G2160 #6  
Let me be more to the point. Remember, you asked. ;)

Feel free to blow me off if you your mind is made up. That's fine and absolutely no offense intended or taken. But this unit is an older model, discontinued mower. It lacks the features of the newer GX. It lacks "tractor" features, imo, making it more a dedicated mower. Considering the mower has been stuck in inventory for a year or more, the price is only OK. It wouldn't rock my world.

Note: Just because it is on Kubota's website only means that Kubota 1.) doesn't update its site very often and 2.) leaves older inventory up to assist dealers in clearing out older products. Kubota still has the year old BX1850 up on the site too, by way of example.

Understand, I am a huge 'Bota fan, but this stuff is expensive. Geeez, you could buy two nice riding mowers (of admittedly lower quality) for that kind of money. Just saying. Be sure this is what you need/want.

/ Kubota G2160
Fred, you are absolutely right. Actually I was looking at the features of the GX and had them mixed up with the G regarding the all wheel drive. I have backed off the trigger pulling today JUST BECAUSE of the post made on this forum. I had no idea the G was and older model. I did see the older BX 1850 and 2350 models on the Kubota website and knew to stay away from them because of the sudden stopping issue.

I certianly appreciate you being to the point, thank you very much.

/ Kubota G2160 #8  
Hey, thanks. That is the potential value of this forum.. Sometimes it works out.

One step further in the logic. Push really hard and you could almost buy a scut, a real tractor for that kind of money. About $8700 for a BX1860. bare tractor.

You never said whether you were going to pull, push or till with your tractor. If you are going to do any of those things, go BX. Zero down, zero percent too! It's a no brainer.

If you are just going to cut grass and want a reliable mower, that's a different conversation. Best wishes on your decisions.

/ Kubota G2160
Well let's see. I have an L2800 4WD, HST with TnT, and the Delta Quick hitch. I have a 60" Bush Hog finish mower that I cut about 3 acres of grass with and one 25 degree hill. The BH rear finish mower is ground contact equipment with about 600 pounds resting on four narrow tires. This causes unacceptable ruts in wet areas and rainy times which is often. My 20 year old JD 285 is about to croak a natural death and I need a grass cutter with a suspended deck and at a minimum 2WD with traction lock.

The JD has been a fine machine, but I will never have an electric clutch machine again and that is all JD offers until you get into the X700 line up and that is $10K plus and not acceptable.

So I am off looking at all wheel drive models such as the Kubota GR series.

/ Kubota G2160 #10  
Well let's see. I have an L2800 4WD, HST with TnT, and the Delta Quick hitch. I have a 60" Bush Hog finish mower that I cut about 3 acres of grass with and one 25 degree hill. The BH rear finish mower is ground contact equipment with about 600 pounds resting on four narrow tires. This causes unacceptable ruts in wet areas and rainy times which is often. My 20 year old JD 285 is about to croak a natural death and I need a grass cutter with a suspended deck and at a minimum 2WD with traction lock.

The JD has been a fine machine, but I will never have an electric clutch machine again and that is all JD offers until you get into the X700 line up and that is $10K plus and not acceptable.

So I am off looking at all wheel drive models such as the Kubota GR series.

You gotta like a guy who knows what he wants! :D:D

Enjoy your shopping.