Tg1860 mower diagram

/ Tg1860 mower diagram #1  

Bronze

Hi, I am looking for the mower belt diagram and how to adjust the tension on it. Thanks in advance.

/ Tg1860 mower diagram #2  
It doesn't appear that you can adjust the tension on the deck belt without changing the spring.

If you go to the Messicks website they can pdf a copy of the mower deck diagram.

/ Tg1860 mower diagram #3  
What is the model number of your mower deck. It may be used on other mowers than the TG1860. For example, I have the maintenance manual that shows several different types of mower decks. If your TG1860 uses one of them, then I could help you with the procedure. For example, is it the RCK54TG 54"DECK?

/ Tg1860 mower diagram
Yes, that is the one. I really appreciate the help. RCK54TG

/ Tg1860 mower diagram #5  
Bronze, it appears that hydrology_joe gave you very good advice. While some mowers have a bolt that adjusts belt tension, your deck only has a spring. If you belt is slipping, you probably need a new belt. Someone could have replaced the spring with an incorrect one also, but that's not likely. As Joe suggested, Messicks.com is a great source for parts. They show your deck belt and you can get the entire parts diagrams with prices sent to your email address. Here is the picture of belt and tensioning spring that I got sent to my email. Messicks really is a great source for info and parts. I've been extremely happy with their online service for both my NH tractor and my G1800 lawn tractor.

EDIT: The current price of your belt is $36.51 and Messicks has 5 in stock as of today. They don't have any of the tension springs in stock, but could order one for you. The price of the spring is $7.49.

Attachments

• RCK54TG-Deck.jpg
    RCK54TG-Deck.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 32,095
   / Tg1860 mower diagram #6  
Well, I just realized that the whole deck pdf file is small enough to post. Here it is.

Attachments

• Kubota-RCK54TG-MOWER.pdf
    680.2 KB · Views: 7,012
   / Tg1860 mower diagram #7  
sorry to butt in,but I need a diagram of the upper belt for the same mower deck that you are talking about!(dickguess@yahoo.com)

/ Tg1860 mower diagram #8  
roller58, maybe this pdf file will show you what you need...
I often need to refer to this to figure out which side of the belt the tensioner pulley should be.

Pete

Attachments

• tg1860_belts.PDF
    666.8 KB · Views: 3,531
   / Tg1860 mower diagram #9  
setting in the seat,which side does the tensioner go? i have it on the right.

/ Tg1860 mower diagram #10  
the pdf I posted is a view from the left front of the tractor...
the tensioner rides on the left side, in the little bend in the belt just back of where the line from 150 points to.
to get the tensioner over there, make sure you disengage the tensioner link that hooks on the bracket just inside the right rear wheel, you get at it from behind the tractor.
once you get the belt & tensioner in the right place & the mower deck attached, just pull on that link from behind the tractor and hook it back in the slot in the bracket. it take a good pull because you're putting quite a stretch on the tensioner spring.

Pete