GR2100 Glide Steer cable replacement

/ GR2100 Glide Steer cable replacement #1  

eaf

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 GST 4x4, BX25D-1, RTV 1100, Craftsman FS5500
Got a question for GR2100 owners or Kubota mechanics. Have you ever replaced one of the cables (K1253-41754) that operates the Glide Steer mechanism? This is the second time I have had one break since I purchased my GR2100 new 7/2005. I had the dealer replace it the first time, now I am thinking of performing the replacement myself. From looking it over after I removed the mower deck it looks like something I could tackle. However, the question of adjusting it properly looms overhead. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

ed

/ GR2100 Glide Steer cable replacement #2  
Got a question for GR2100 owners or Kubota mechanics. Have you ever replaced one of the cables (K1253-41754) that operates the Glide Steer mechanism? This is the second time I have had one break since I purchased my GR2100 new 7/2005. I had the dealer replace it the first time, now I am thinking of performing the replacement myself. From looking it over after I removed the mower deck it looks like something I could tackle. However, the question of adjusting it properly looms overhead. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

ed

There was a change in the mounting brackets at some point.Do you know if yours has the new ones? Might check on that before you replace the cable.

Take a pic or make a mental note where the two adjusting nuts are tightened down on the old cable(both ends),before you remove it.

/ GR2100 Glide Steer cable replacement
Locknut, I have a feeling I do not have the revised mounting brackets since this was the second cable failure. I will ask the dealer about the change in mounting brackets in the morning. Here are a couple of pictures I took this afternoon. Maybe someone can tell if these are the old or new.

ed

Attachments

• IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 2,995
  • IMG_0718.JPG
    IMG_0718.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 2,207
  • IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 2,406
   / GR2100 Glide Steer cable replacement #4  
My 2005 glide steer cable broke on LH side and I do not have any mod kit. I ordered 2 cables for L/R sides. How do you route the cable under the engine; does engine have to be lifted? Mine looks just like the photos above from 5-23-10. Any help would be appreciated. I just joined this forum so don't know how it works.

/ GR2100 Glide Steer cable replacement #5  
It's been a couple years since I did mine(I no longer have mower). IIRC,the cables go in front of engine,then follow the opposite side frame rail to rear of tractor,and I think they come down to same side as front in back. Try to feed the smaller end(I think the rear) through the front of engine,as the end that mounts to the steer axle has larger nuts and are a real PITA to feed through the front in front of engine. Keep the adjusting nuts the same distance on the new cables as old ones were. I don't have the shop manual anymore,but you need to get all 4 wheels off ground to adjust.I don't recall what the measurement range is for adjustment on the front axle is-maybe someone here has a shop manual. You will need to cut some black ties along the cable route,so pick up a package of them to re-tie the cables up.

/ GR2100 Glide Steer cable replacement
I'm sorry I don't have my gr any longer I traded it in for a BX.

Regards

ed

/ GR2100 Glide Steer cable replacement #7  
Hello everyone!
I have replaced the wire of the glide-steer system of kubota GR2100 up to 6 times and it breaks again. I have realized that there is nothing to do and that replacing the wire but a new one doesn't solve the problem. In the new model kubota GR2120 they have changed this system with a rod instead of a wire. Do anyone know if if is possible to replace the glide steer system of the the GR2100 by the rod of the GR2120.
Thank you very much

/ GR2100 Glide Steer cable replacement #8  
with so many failures, I'd be looking to see if something is causing this to happen. Thats not normal.