Changing transmission fluid in GR2100

/ Changing transmission fluid in GR2100 #1  

popeye49

Tractor
Kubota GR2100
I just bought a used GR2100, previously owned by an older fellow, in really nice condition. I'm about 30 hours away (at 170 hrs) from the 200 hour transmission fluid change. The manual says "remove the oil plug & add new oil", but there is no illustration showing the location of this plug, and I'm no "Mr Mechanic". The dealer says it goes in the dipstick hole, but that hole in the dipstick tube is about 1/4" in diameter, at the most, and you'd never find a funnel to fit, so I think he's wrong. It looks like a plug just to the left of the tranny filter that takes an allen wrench to remove. Anyone with the right answer?

/ Changing transmission fluid in GR2100 #2  
I have a gr2100 and the draining of the fluid involves removing the plug and strainer near the bottom of the transmission. If your facing the transmission from the rear, it is on the bottom left side. See the owner manual for details.

As far as the filling it back, your dealer is correct, you do pour it in the dipstick hole. There is a rubber plug in the top of the dipstick that will pull out leaving a hole about 3/4 to an inch in diameter. The dipstick itself fits in the smaller hole that is in this rubber plug. If you do not an owners manual, I would recommend you get one.

/ Changing transmission fluid in GR2100
Thanks for setting me straight. The dealer said his tech told him it went into the same hole as the dipstick. Apparently the tech left out the part about pulling the plug. I wondered about the end coming off of the thing, but I didn't feel gutsy enough to try pulling on it with pliers. I have the owners manual, but it didn't refer to where the dipstick is, only to pull the oil plug, & didn't see a reference anywhere else.

Here's a "new problem" for the GR2100: during my first use, of my "new" used machine, I lost the bolts that hold the left side of the seat bracket to the machine. They're screwed in from the inside, which makes it near impossible to replace them unless you know how it was put together. I'm not much of a mechanic, so I think my dealer is going to help me out. My dealer gave me a 100% parts & labor 3 year warranty on the engine, tranny, and pump, though. I thought this was great, considering it's a used machine.