G1900-S Traction Improved

/ G1900-S Traction Improved #1  

dalans1953

First of all, thanks to your members for their informative posts. I recently purchased a G1900-S with 60" deck for the yard at my farm house(2nd residence-1.5ac.). At my primary residence(3.5ac.), I use an F2000 that I bought used in 1992, and have been so satisfied with with that machine that I put Kubota at the top of my wish list for the second property. Although I have never stuck my F2000, which includes snow plowing, I quickly found that the G1900 was alot easier to get hung up. I got stuck twice in the first two times I used it. After reading several posts, I decided to put new tires on it. I put new turf tires on the front and ag tires with windshield washer fluid inside on the back. It added about 50# per tire on the rear. It made a huge difference! I didn't have to shift my weight in the seat when mowing ditches anymore either. Thanks folks!!

/ G1900-S Traction Improved #2  
I recently bought a G1900-S and encountered similar traction issues. I installed Carlisle Tru Power 23x8.50-12 4PR (two for $182.56 shipped from tires-easy.com) and now have no problem climbing hills that caused the turfs to spin helplessly. With 20 psi and no fluid, they roll smoothly on pavement and leave no marks on the lawn.

SD1000-IMG_5019.JPG
SD1000-IMG_5020.JPG

/ G1900-S Traction Improved #3  
I have those on mine, and they work well. I do still need chains to plow snow, however.

BTW, that looks like a nice clean machine. Mine has more hard years ( before I bought it), but it is noth the less a workhorse.

/ G1900-S Traction Improved #4  
Very cool! I have been considering such tires for my G1800S for a while because of slippage on steep lawns. It sometimes takes until July for the soil beneath our grass to dry out (to lose the slippery mud effect, in other words).

So neither one of you has seen turf damage from the R1 lugs?
(with either loaded or non-loaded tires?)

/ G1900-S Traction Improved #5  
I just walked in from mowing. We had a torrential downpour a few days ago (3.25" in the rain gauge, 48" pipe under driveway couldn't keep up with the creek, flooded pasture, etc.) and a few poorly drained areas of the lawn remain saturated, but the only mark I managed to make is in the middle of one where I went to full lock at speed as a test. I'm really pleased!

BTW, this was the first time I'd swapped tires on rims. It was a bit of a struggle, but these two videos helped:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlePZIlRG4c]Do-It-Yourself Tire Change[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZhszvMjvjg]Seal A Tire Bead with Starting Fluid[/ame]

I'm glad I bought two of these:

24" General Purpose Tire Iron

I don't think 23x10.50-12 would work due to limited deck clearance when turning.

R1 tread is not ideal for plowing snow on pavement since the contact patch is relatively small. Those on my L3710 work well enough for moderate depths on my hilly driveway only because they are loaded and the tractor is MFWD.

I bought the G1900 less than two weeks ago with just under 2000 hours. It really is a tank. The only problem seems to be hydraulic fluid that drips just inside of the right rear tire when I park it which I have yet to investigate. The advice posted in the Kubota G-1900HST thread was very helpful!