Carrying a weed eater on your ZT

/ Carrying a weed eater on your ZT #1  

gregkabob

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC45DA
Anybody carry a weed eater with them on there ZT? I have a canopy on my ZD 326 and was thinking of making some kind of bracket to hang the straight shaft trimmer from it. This way I don't have to make two trips to the front of the property. From the barn to the front gate is about 1/4 mile and everytime I mow I keep saying if I just had my trimmer with me I could knock this out.

Just looking for ideas that anyone might have to do this.

Thanks All

/ Carrying a weed eater on your ZT #2  
I won't be much help.

I don't carry the trimmer with me as I mow.

I mow first with the zero turn and then use the 4 wheeler to make the rounds while trimming.

Works perfectly for me.

MoKelly

/ Carrying a weed eater on your ZT
I also have a 4 wheeler and mini truck but I think it will be better if I can have it with me and just do it while I'm down there and be done with it. I get back to the barn and get distracted by other "have toos" :laughing:

/ Carrying a weed eater on your ZT #4  
I havent really thought about it, but you could probably make some brackets to attach to the front pivoting wheel mounts. My Craftsman doesnt have much else to attach too except maybe in front of the foot rest may also be able to weld on a bracket if you wanted. I think I prefer to do the weedeating after mowing rather than stop with the mower and fire up the weed eater.

/ Carrying a weed eater on your ZT
I have a couple of ideas for hanging the trimmer from the ROPS and canopy. I'll take some pics and post when I get it done and see how it works out.

I agree, mow than weed eat and that's what I plan to do. The step I want to eliminate after mowing is driving the mower back up the road to get the weed eater and then take another vehicle (or walk) back down to do the weed eating. I want to take care of it all in one trip.

/ Carrying a weed eater on your ZT #6  
Greg,

That's a good idea!

/ Carrying a weed eater on your ZT #7  
Picture is worth a thousand words...

Don't know if my 35 year old Echo SRM trimmer has the power for a head this size... I do use it often with a saw blade for brush.