F2400

/ F2400 #1  

Jay4200

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4200GST w/ LA680 & BX2200D w/ LA211
I'm looking at a used F2400 (~4k hours). 6' mower deck and no cab, but has roof. Asking price is $4k - I'm thinking $2.5k is more like it. Opinions on the machine and/or value? What are the pros/cons of these things?

Thanks - JayC

/ F2400 #2  
I'm looking at a used F2400 (~4k hours). 6' mower deck and no cab, but has roof. Asking price is $4k - I'm thinking $2.5k is more like it. Opinions on the machine and/or value? What are the pros/cons of these things?

Thanks - JayC
I bought my first F 3 years ago. A F2680 2wd for mowing a 3+ acres Mobile Home park. Mowing between the homes and then a large open field where the leach lines are across the back and down one side. The F is great for this. I have 5+ acres of hillside property at my home. I took the F2680 home and it worked on most of it but the steepest parts gave it some problems with traction. I've bought a F3080 4wd for home property. I love the F's, they are great for mowing. Easily serviced and steer with a wheel instead of levers:).
The new ones will go faster than zero turns on pavement but doubt many people could ride either the z or F at full throttle on open grass. They are both fast.
The only con I know is initial cost. I got a price the other day for a friend
and a 4wd F3080 with 60" deck was around $18000 so a 2wd will be a couple thousand or so less.
There was some concern that some of the earlier ones may have been underpowered. That may have been with the 72" deck. Maybe no issue on flat land and not real deep grass. Just try it.
What's it worth, I don't know. Guess that would be totally up to the buyer and seller. If I wanted to buy a used one I'd probably pay the $4000 now that I know what they will do if it was in decent running order but I also may make a low low low ball offer like your talking about unless it's to a private seller. May irritate them enough to decide to stick firm to their price. I'd probably tell you that I'd call you back and then throw your number away and not counter offer but that's just me. I take stuff to personal.
Your thinking of 2500 is based on what? What you have or what you think it's worth, again based on what? If all you have is 2500, then tell the seller that you know it's worth more but all you got is 2500. If after your research shows it's only worth 2500 based on what they are selling for, then either buy one of the lower priced ones or tell the seller about your research and how you can buy one for 2500 but it's like 2000 miles away and you dn't want to make the trip.
I really have no idea of how much a used one with 4000 hours is worth. Check craigs lists and Ebay and used tractor sales companies.

/ F2400 #3  
This isn't the same one you found with the snowblower, is it?