Kubota ZD331 Mower

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #1  

sunnyside360

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 3720, JD 4320, JD 835R, Kubota M4D-071, Kubota ZD1511
Looking for advice and opinions on the Kubota ZD331 mower with 72" deck. I'm mowing approximately 6 acres of lawn about twice a week. 5 acres are relatively flat and one acre is on hill side. I'm looking to spend less time mowing -- even considered contracting out the mowing. I stopped by one of the local Kubota dealers today to get info and prices --- was quoted a price of $14,600 for a new ZD331 mower.
Any advice/opinions are greatly appreciated.

PS: Also considering John Deere 997 ZTrack mower.

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #2  
I Picked up the ZD326 w/60" deck and LOVE it
Slashed the cutting time of 2.5 to 3 acres of level lawn from 3.5 hours to 45 minutes. I believe it cuts faster and does a cleaner job than anything else out there.
You can not go wrong with the ZD machines from Kubota

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #3  
the price is pretty good, for now -- i got mine two year ago for $12,500 -- but prices always go up!

i mow 3 acres in an hour --

-- the machine is pretty near perfect --

-- i think i spend more time greasing the zerks and cleaning off the deck than i do mowing -- !!

the service is very easy on the machine, and it's very accessible.

the only downside for any ZT is wet, soft ground -- because they're heavy and 2wd, they tend to get stuck in it -- that's what the RTV is for -- :D

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #4  
ps sunnyside -- try beatty diesel in erie pa -- that's where i got mine!!

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #5  
I have an Exmark zero turn..and love it for the time savings....but hate it for the very rough ride. I put on the high dollar suspension seat from exmark (Northern tool and John Deere also sell it) but it just barely lessend the harsh ride. I guess because it is so much faster, you really hit the bumps harder. I would get a demo ride around your place,to see if you need to include a better seat.

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #6  
They do indeed ride a bit harsh if the lawn is not perfectly smooth
Believe the harsh ride comes from going almost 3x the speed I was doing on the Honda 4518. Found a seat suspension adjustment on the Kubota smoothed things out somewhat.

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #7  
I bought the ZD326S last Sep and it's a beast. Mows so quick and with a great cut. If your land is smooth you can really fly. If it's not smooth might look at not getting the no flat front tires and as there is no way to adjust the air in them. On mine I lowered the air a bit both front and back and the ride is much better over my bumpy ground.

Also if you are spending a lot of time cleaning off the deck do as my buddy suggested to me who uses one for his mowing buisness. Take off the pulley guards. It makes a lot of differance on how much grass collects on top of the deck.

Bottom line it's a great mower and you can't go wrong getting one.

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #8  
I've had a ZD21 w/ 60" Pro deck since 2005. It has been a very good machine. A friend with a ZD28 & 72" notes his is more prone to scalping than the ZD21/60" he had previously. I ran a new 326 a little last year and I think the deck/quality of cut has improved since the older Pro deck came out. Also I wish I had the access panel above the deck as the newer units do - maybe I need to cut out mine out as others have done. If the weight of the Kubota does'nt bother you or the fact the controls are not as "quick" as some of the other brands - the Kubota is a hard machine to beat. Lastly, I'd say the $14,600 price you have quoted is pretty close to the bottom.

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower
I visited some more dealers the last couple of days and decided to go with the ZD331. I test drove one and liked it. The deal wasn't bad either --- $13,300 for a new Kubota ZD331 with 72" deck (list is $16,350).
Many thanks again for all your help.

/ Kubota ZD331 Mower #10  
I visited some more dealers the last couple of days and decided to go with the ZD331. I test drove one and liked it. The deal wasn't bad either --- $13,300 for a new Kubota ZD331 with 72" deck (list is $16,350).
Many thanks again for all your help.
$13,300 is an excellent price on that machine. Approx. 15% off list is typically the best discount anyone gets.