Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #1  

628pm

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota f2690, 2020 Kubota BX23S, JD Gator 2018 XUV835M HVAC
Hope you guys can help me make a decision. I currently have a Simplicity Cobalt ZT mower. It does an excellent job. I am thinking about either adding or replacing the Cobalt with a ZD326, have a few questions.

1. How does it handle on inclines? I have several hills that I mow on a regular basis, the Cobalt does okay when I mow sideways on the hill, don't like going up or down the incline. How will the ZD do on an incline?

2. What is a good price on a new ZD?

3. Any issues I need to be aware of? I know maint supplies are high, I have a b2620 so I know what parts cost.

4. Finally for the guys that have a ZD326, would you buy it again or something else.

Thanks for all of the replies in advance.

Bill Ross

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #2  
as a whole ZTR's are terrible on hills. The ZD's are better than most because of their weight, but they are not good by any stretch. I'd say it would be an improvment over your current mower.

The ZD300's have been rock solid mowers, like cutting grass with a tank. No on goign issues I can speak to.

maint costs on them are not bad, they have much smaller trans so your using a lot less fluid.. thats the primay expense on the tractors.

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #3  
BUY IT!! I purchased mine last Sep with the zero % finacing. I would deffinatly do it again and I'm amazed at how much I can mow in such a little time. My wife likes it too. I went with the S model with the air front tires. I lowered the air front and rear for a bit better ride on my buppy ground. The dealer said they had some problems with rolling the foam filled tires off the rim. He had both on the lot and I prefered to have the ability to adjust the front tire air pressure.

MessickFarmEqu is right about the slopes and I've read if you change the rears out to a more aggressive tire it helps a lot on the side slipping.

I bought mine for 12,400 out the door with the canopy on the rops. Helps a ton in the hot Okie sun.

Have had no issues with maint so far. I did take the pulley covers off the deck as a pro-mowing buddy suggested and the deck doesn't collect nearly the grass it did with them on. When I'm done mowing I get the gas powered blower out to blow out the grass.

I'm so glad I went with the ZD326 and wunder why I waited so long.

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #4  
I'm also considering purchasing a ZD326. I got about a half dozen quotes today, the lowest was $12,700. If you do not take the 0% financing, there is a $500 rebate on top of that. I was hoping to see it closer to 12K, i've been told that there was just a 2-1/2% price increase.

On one hand, it is obscene to spend so much on a dedicated mower but we enjoy doing yardwork and the ZD326 will make my wife and me smile!

I'm a bit worried about its weight and destroying the yard. When I demo'd it, I dug up the yard in a number of locations. I'm assuming that this is a technique problem associated with trying to do a true zero diameter 180 degree turn.

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #5  
I've finally settled on the hillside/flatland mowing champion. It's a bit more expensive but divide the additional cost over the time of financing and it's not that big of a number. I have an F2680 60" 2wd (owned over 3 years)which I mow level rental property with and an F3080 4wd 72" deck (owned over a year) I mow my home hillside property with. The F3080 4wd is like a Billy Goat and the most stable Kubota I own. I mow some of my hills crossways with it. Love the F's and think "almost" everyone should have one.
They are a bit faster on pavement over a zero turn but I never drive mine out of the turtle speed while mowing and pedal to the floor even at the lowest will just about throw me out of the seat. I only use the rabbit speed when driving up a paved street and it will almost give me nosebleed from the speed.:laughing: Have to tell all that because of the people that say (falsely) that a zero turn is faster.
If mowing can be fun then it's fun with the F.

Attachments

• IMG_0196.JPG
    IMG_0196.JPG
    575.2 KB · Views: 1,332
  • IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    740.9 KB · Views: 1,183
  • P1070359.jpg
    P1070359.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 1,633
  • P1070360.jpg
    P1070360.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 1,653
   / Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #6  
I mow my home hillside property with. The F3080 4wd is like a Billy Goat and the most stable Kubota I own. I mow some of my hills crossways with it. Love the F's and think "almost" everyone should have one.
+1 I'm with John on that - the ZDs' are probably one of better ztr mowers on hillsides - but when you lose traction, you also lose the ability to steer. With the F you can at least steer if it does. They both are good mowers and each have their inherent advantages/disadvantages, but both have the solid Kubota diesel.

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #7  
I have the ZD326-P w/60" and LOVE it
Only problem is it does indeed tear up the lawn if you are not careful
Make a hard turn and up comes a large patch of the lawn
Rides like a tank when going fast hurt my back once or twice
The lawn looks great when finished - wonderful cutting deck design
Only real "problem" is that there is NO WAY to have a cold one while driving it requires both hands to drive

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #8  
KJINTF, I'm with you on not being able to have a cold one while driving. They put a beverage holder on the machine and the one and only time I tried putting a beverage in there for when I stopped I looked down and it was gone! Bounced out a couple of acres back :laughing:

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #9  
I have the ZD326-P w/60" and LOVE it
Only problem is it does indeed tear up the lawn if you are not careful
Make a hard turn and up comes a large patch of the lawn
Rides like a tank when going fast hurt my back once or twice
The lawn looks great when finished - wonderful cutting deck design
Only real "problem" is that there is NO WAY to have a cold one while driving it requires both hands to drive

I am looking at the ZD323 with a 60 inch deck for 11.5K delivered (MI tax is 6%). The only difference I can tell is the 363 has more power and more cost. Am I missing something?

/ Thinking about Purchasing Kubota zd 326 mower #10  
Hey Messick,any idea if and when Kubota is going to copy the Ferris suspension ? Pretty sure it will be the year AFTER I buy a ZD 326 !:laughing: