Oil Checking on GR2100

/ Oil Checking on GR2100 #1  

Kevin56

Tractor
Kubota GR2100
I found it on left side of engine under the air filter. It is not listed in my owner's manual.

Hello, I have a Kubota GR2100 from November 2006. When I read the owner's manual for how to check engine oil, it just says "Add new oil to the presribed level at the oil port if necessary." There's no dipstick on this diesel and I can't find any info on what is the "prescribed level". Can a GR2100 owner please clarify?

Last edited:
   / Oil Checking on GR2100 #2  
I found it on left side of engine under the air filter. It is not listed in my owner's manual.

Hello, I have a Kubota GR2100 from November 2006. When I read the owner's manual for how to check engine oil, it just says "Add new oil to the presribed level at the oil port if necessary." There's no dipstick on this diesel and I can't find any info on what is the "prescribed level". Can a GR2100 owner please clarify?

When you say "I found it" does that mean you've already solved the problem?

I'm not much of a mechanic, but the dipstick on my GR2100 is about 3-4 inches to the rear of what is, I believe, the white plastic fuel filter on the left hand side of the engine (as you sit on the machine).

I believe the stick is marked, as any dipstick is usually marked. The dipstick handle is pretty small & is painted to match the engine, so is not easy to spot. Hope this helps.

/ Oil Checking on GR2100
Yes, I did resolve the problem by finding it. Thanks for getting back to me.