Just bought GR2000, have questions

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #11  
All the 2100's had a 4 year extended warranty on the rear transaxle.Out of warranty yet?

Yea,that loader is a hoot.I like it.

Tranny's are not all that weak,considering they only have one "high" gear.It needs a dual-range like a sub-cut.Can you imagine doing grunt work with a larger tractor like a BX with no low range?

I would assume it would be out of warranty-bought in March 2007 and has 415 hrs........maybe I should ask the selling dealer nicely if they can help out at all.

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #12  
I would assume it would be out of warranty-bought in March 2007 and has 415 hrs........maybe I should ask the selling dealer nicely if they can help out at all.

Absolutely.And be firm.Kubota has admitted there were problems with the early GR tractors and repaired thousands of them at no charge.Why not yours?

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #13  
I actually went to dealer yesterday where I bought it-the G.M. said the warranty was only 3 yrs. or 400 hrs-I told her how the early models of the GR series had tranny problems-when she looked it up,she was surprised to see that I was correct-she did print out like 8 pages of diagrams-there is an upgrade kit-she said she'd talk to the Kubota rep. and see if anything could be done. I was called back within an hour-she said they would cover the cost of the upgrade kit under warranty,but I'm on the hook for the labor.The rep. also told her that a few that did have repairs did have a few more problems once it was opened up-so if any other parts beyond the kit are needed, those wouldn't be covered......she said the normal charge to put kit in would be around $3k.....I hope I'm one of the lucky ones and just only the kit is needed-they will pick it up on Friday.......I'm glad they are at least covering part of it-technically it's 3 months and 15 hrs. out of warranty.Now I just need to figure out getting the $$$$ to fix it.I used my neighbors Cub Cadet to mow some of my lawn-I will never regret getting rid of those deck clogging in dry grass machines.....

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #14  
[.The rep. also told her that a few that did have repairs did have a few more problems once it was opened up-so if any other parts beyond the kit are needed, those wouldn't be covered]

That's not so.Kubota extended the regular 2 year warranty to 4 years on the hydro and transaxle.They didn't pick and choose which parts they would cover.

You're at the mercy of them being out of warranty,but I'd press a little harder for more participation on their end.

My dealer rebuilt the hydros on every early GR they sold.They didn't want to get sideways with some of their best customers that spend mega bucks with them on large equipment and shop repairs over some puny lawn mower sale.Take care of your customers and they'll take care of you.

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #15  
Locknut, I just looked at your videos and stills of your GR2000. What a hoot! I got a bigger smile for every second as I saw what you have done. All I can say is AMAZING! Great stuff!:thumbsup:

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #16  
Sorry to the O.P. for hijacking his thread,but a little update. I had the dealer come and get the GR2100 a couple weeks ago to fix the leak.They had an "upgrade" kit available,which I was told Kubota would cover under warranty(3 months past 4 yrs. and 15hrs. past 400) ,I had to pay for labor or any other parts that were worn(pto clutch)-I stopped by on Weds.,was torn apart-the one mechanic aid the pto clutches looked good(said they were the upgraded style already:confused:)said it should be done Fri. or Sat.(15th or 16th),if not,Monday the latest. Well,it came back Sat. morning-looks like a new tranny case axle.A few hours later I go back out to put deck on-and there is a tiny puddle of oil under the right axle:(-I look closely,and the case is a little damp underneath the right axle on the back,along w/ the channel that goes under the tranny case-I wipe it dry,put deck on,and mow for about a 1/2 hr-park it-and a few hrs. later check the floor,and it's still dry:)-still dry this morning-I'll check it again before I go to work Mon. morning,as I will be stopping by dealer after work to see what total cost is for the job....I will post what I find out.

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #17  
Uggghhhhh-bill came to over $1200,all labor other than new filter and oil:mad:-G.M. must've seen color go out of me when she showed me the bill-she initially told me only between $500-$700-when I told her that,she reworked bill somehow and knocked it down to around $750.... however,I will need to ask them some questions before it is paid in full.First thing is when I went to engage mower deck,the lever barely engages the pto now-wasn't like that before. Second thing is I was mowing a section of higher grass last week-it started to slip the pto-never had that happen before. I definitely will not pay to open it up again-I will trade it toward an JD X740 before I do that again. The GR2100 is leaving a bad impression on me:mad:......

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #18  
Scenario :

My neighbour has just rebuilt his GR2100 ( '07 520hours ) transmission.
The glide-steer cables were not adjusted/checked ever , and he's
been turning left without rear-left wheel disengagement happening
until considerable angle . This caused the shaft and case spline
to wear out , resulting in no drive to the rear left .

Labour would have been USD98 p/hr and parts USD500 . He
bought the parts from a US supplier for half this amount ,
and saved USD2000 on labour .

NOW TO YOUR Pto problem ; either the engager is not adjusted
or the flow rate in that circuit is inhibited . Either way , TAKE IT
BACK ! You've paid the going-rate , and it's stuffed . They'll
argue it's fine because they won't want to see the inside of that
again ! IF it's not going to happen , ditch it for a JDX700 something.

IMHO the entire glide-steer system/transmission business is crap.

Just walked over to my neighbour's GR2100 :

The adjustment to the Pto lever is at the return-spring end of the
movement . Five minute job to alter .

Last edited:
   / Just bought GR2000, have questions #19  
I did adjust the spring-helped a little,but not much. The spring doesn't affect the stroke of the piston/rod that goes into the tranny case. I knew I should've left the deck on when they took it to fix:(....

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #20  
Yes,500 for it including the winch/bracket for the lift and HD actuator(1000/3000) for the angle.Also includes 1" rubber and 9/16" UHMW for the blade edge.Wiring,switches and reverse winch solenoid included.

do you have any info. on the attch.or a site i could check out to find this. my left arm is getting tired.
thanks dave