Just bought GR2000, have questions

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #1  

bmueller

Tractor
Kubota GR2000 G
I just bought a used GR2000 with about 400 hrs on it. I have a couple of questions??? I do not have an owners manual and need to go buy one.

Questions 1: Is the dipstick under the seat hydraulic fluid? Mine is very low.

Questions 2: When I take the deck off in the winter, what else can I use the hydraulics on the tractor for? Are there bolt on snow blades that use hydraulic lift?

Thanks

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #2  
The dipstick under the seat should be for the transmission, which usually is hyguard type fluid. You might want to change the filter as well. The hydraulics could raise a plow, if you are creative to make one, or lucky to find a OEM plow. I tried to use the hydraulics to raise a snowblower, but wasn't able to keep it working.

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #4  
For sure. That's how most big tractors are. Keep in mind, there is regular hydraulic fluid (like dump truck pistons or woodsplitters) and the tranny safe fluid (hyguard, super udt).The side of the bucket will say its uses. On a 5 gallon bucket, theres about $10 difference. Whenever in doubt, I buy the premium.

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #5  
I just bought a used GR2000 with about 400 hrs on it. I have a couple of questions??? I do not have an owners manual and need to go buy one.

Questions 1: Is the dipstick under the seat hydraulic fluid? Mine is very low.

Questions 2: When I take the deck off in the winter, what else can I use the hydraulics on the tractor for? Are there bolt on snow blades that use hydraulic lift?

Thanks

Have any maintenence history on the tractor? If not,the fluid and filter should be changed using Kubota Super UDT.The low level would concern me.May be a leak somewhere.
The deck lift hydraulics are only used for the factory snowblower installation.The factory snowblade is manual lift and angle.

I do have a factory snow blade with power angle and power lift that I designed that I no longer use,due to building a power angle v-plow last winter.Can be seen on my p-bucket site,along with all the other nifty things I've built for my GR2000.

Pictures by locknut-1 - Photobucket

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions
I do have the maintenance history. Filter was changed last year. The local dealer also mentioned it must have a leak of some kind. I filled it up, cleaned it up and I am keeping an eye out for a leak. I have read a few threads that people have had low fluids and no leak, not sure what that is all about.

Are you wanting to sell your blade?

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #7  
I do have the maintenance history. Filter was changed last year. The local dealer also mentioned it must have a leak of some kind. I filled it up, cleaned it up and I am keeping an eye out for a leak. I have read a few threads that people have had low fluids and no leak, not sure what that is all about.

Are you wanting to sell your blade?

Yes,500 for it including the winch/bracket for the lift and HD actuator(1000/3000) for the angle.Also includes 1" rubber and 9/16" UHMW for the blade edge.Wiring,switches and reverse winch solenoid included.

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions
Locknut. Message me with your contact information!

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #9  
Locknut is pretty brave to use a loader w/ GR series and the weak trannies they have:thumbdown:. Be careful when adding the fluid-does not take much to bring level up.Stick w/ the Kubota super UDT fluid- hope a seal doesn't go in the tranny or axle-my axle seal has sprung a leak,which requires tranny housing to be split,at least 10-15 hrs. labor for an external seal:mad:.....

/ Just bought GR2000, have questions #10  
Locknut is pretty brave to use a loader w/ GR series and the weak trannies they have:thumbdown:. Be careful when adding the fluid-does not take much to bring level up.Stick w/ the Kubota super UDT fluid- hope a seal doesn't go in the tranny or axle-my axle seal has sprung a leak,which requires tranny housing to be split,at least 10-15 hrs. labor for an external seal:mad:.....

All the 2100's had a 4 year extended warranty on the rear transaxle.Out of warranty yet?

Yea,that loader is a hoot.I like it.

Tranny's are not all that weak,considering they only have one "high" gear.It needs a dual-range like a sub-cut.Can you imagine doing grunt work with a larger tractor like a BX with no low range?