ZD-28 Broken Axle

/ ZD-28 Broken Axle #1  

MReeter

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4610,BX2200,ZD28F
Hello everyone,I haven't been here for quite some time...happy to see this fine forum is still around.

Yesterday I had the left rear axle snap on our ZD-28,it broke about 2" outside the axle housing...I've done several searches for this axle failure and don't seem to find much here and on the web,a lota talk about failed tranmissions,but not so much on failed axles.

Anyone here have any insight on what it's going to take to repair this unit? I'm going to call a dealer in the morning,just curious as to whether any other owners might have had this issue before.

Thanks in advance,Mike

/ ZD-28 Broken Axle #2  
Maybe not much posted about it, but a friend of mine had the same problem. The local dealer noted there was a issue with some of these axles and Kubota was providing parts to those out-of-warranty. He ended up paying about $ 350-400 to get it repaired. He paid labor and Kubota took care of the rest. You may mention this to your dealer and see what they say - Good Luck!

/ ZD-28 Broken Axle
Maybe not much posted about it, but a friend of mine had the same problem. The local dealer noted there was a issue with some of these axles and Kubota was providing parts to those out-of-warranty. He ended up paying about $ 350-400 to get it repaired. He paid labor and Kubota took care of the rest. You may mention this to your dealer and see what they say - Good Luck!

Thanks for the heads up,there must have been a crack in the axle as it sheared smooth except for the last 1/4".

Calling the dealer this morning to see what they will do and get an estimate of costs...we bought the machine new on 7/12/03 and it only has 608 hours on the clock.

Thanks again,Mike

/ ZD-28 Broken Axle #4  
I believe my friend had about 800 hrs. at the time of his break.