G1900S idle

/ G1900S idle #1  

txcactusdude

The idle on my G1900S is not even. It wants to slow down and then come back to normal when it is sitting still. It's kind of like it is missing a beat at times.

Any ideas of what to look for?

Thanks

/ G1900S idle #2  
When was the last time you changed both fuel filters (by the engine and the one behind the left wheel). Can you hear the electric lift pump running when you turn on the key but before you start the engine? Changing idle speeds is indicating a fuel delivery problem. It's either the lift pump and filters or the injector pump itself. How many hours do you have on it?

/ G1900S idle
When was the last time you changed both fuel filters (by the engine and the one behind the left wheel). Can you hear the electric lift pump running when you turn on the key but before you start the engine? Changing idle speeds is indicating a fuel delivery problem. It's either the lift pump and filters or the injector pump itself. How many hours do you have on it?

I changed both fuel filters about 50 hours ago. The tractor has 422 total hours.

I can hear the lift pump running when I turn the key on and the tractor starts fine. It's after it has been mowing for a while and I turn the blade off. This is when the idle is uneven.

Of course here in North Texas with the drought I haven't been doing much mowing this summer. I was thinking it might be a fuel issue due to the inactivity?

Your comments are appreciated.

Dennis

/ G1900S idle #4  
I had a similar issue with my new to me G1900...dealer suggested some diesel fuel treatment and that caused the problem to go away.

Hopefully it is that simple for you.

/ G1900S idle #5  
Does anyone here have the manual for the G1900s? I inherited one without a manual and it doesn't run (yet). It would help to have access to the manual. For example, I didn't know it had TWO fuel filters (thanks jinman)... I don't want to invest too much money into it until I find out if it will run.