GR2110 Deck Cleaning Options

/ GR2110 Deck Cleaning Options #1  

bergenfelter

Tractor
Kubota GR2110
Anyone come up with any deck cleaning options for the GR2110? I know other manufacturers have water hose fittings to clear out the deck. Any ideas, retrofit a garden hose fitting to the deck???

/ GR2110 Deck Cleaning Options #2  
The deck wash nozzle is available as a retrofit. Lowes has it and I think I saw it in a landscaping equipment store. I haven't used it. I just scrape my deck occasionally or use a pressure washer on my ZTR.

/ GR2110 Deck Cleaning Options #3  
I do try to get my decks off once a year to clean, sharpen blades, and paint. There are non stick coatings available for decks also and it helps. Have played with the deck washer idea also.

David Kb7uns

/ GR2110 Deck Cleaning Options #4  
Anyone come up with any deck cleaning options for the GR2110? I know other manufacturers have water hose fittings to clear out the deck. Any ideas, retrofit a garden hose fitting to the deck???

I use an an elbow on the pressure washer wand.Works great,especially in the spring when the grass build-up is like sludge.

/ GR2110 Deck Cleaning Options #5  
I've done a few different ways: nearby creek, point discharge out of creek,and slowly lower deck into water. Next way is park on my blacktop driveway-point discharge over lawn,then I spray my garden hose onto driveway towards deck so it picks the water spray up.Then the last way is the old fashioned way-take deck off,take blades off,and scrape away. Tractor supply sells graphite spray -(also sold at John Deere dealers).Lasts for a few mowings. Still WAAAAAAYYY better than the Cub Cadet decks I used to have-they really sucked-always clogged,no matter how dry grass was.

/ GR2110 Deck Cleaning Options #6  
I have added a deck washout nozzle on each side of the deck on my BX 2360.It cleans some of the grass but not all of it.I still end up scraping out the deck when I take the blades off for sharpening.