Kubota or SCAG

/ Kubota or SCAG
Great feedback... Thanks! I will check the site you mentioned.

/ Kubota or SCAG #22  
I know of a Kubota dealer who also sells Scags. Some time ago, a salesman there told me that Scag is the best for gasoline powered mowers and Kubota best for diesel powered. He was not trying to see me anything at the time, although I don't know that it wasn't his standard sales pitch.;)

I'd echo that. Kubota ZG's are good mowers, but expensive in the gas segment. For diesels, Kubota owns the market. I sell Ferris, eXmark, Cub Cadet, Bush Hog, Grass Hopper, Big Dog, Simplicity, Snapper Pro, .... I think thats most of them????

/ Kubota or SCAG #23  
I bought a new SCAG Turf Tiger last year; 26hp Kaw engine, 48" deck. I love this mower, it is fast, smooth and very sturdy. Never has bogged down in high grass. Cut my mowing time on 4 acres by more than half. GO SCAG.

/ Kubota or SCAG #24  
I have a Skag Tiger Cat with a 61" deck and Kohler. it started out very hard on gas but is real good now. I mow a lot of acreage a week at home and 3 contract lawns for others with absloutely no problems. I like it . . .John

Attachments

• moto_0162.jpg
    moto_0162.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 680
  • moto_0163.jpg
    moto_0163.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 533
  • moto_0164.jpg
    moto_0164.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,216
   / Kubota or SCAG
Thanks again for all the comments. The more I read them, the more I become convinced that a SCAG turf tiger with a Kubota diesel engine is the ultimate combo.

/ Kubota or SCAG #26  
The Turf Tiger actually comes with a Cat diesel, and it is a monster of mower, nothing can stop it. It is actually more fuel efficient than the turf tiger with the 29 DFI liquid cooled Kawasaki. Besides it looks pretty cool with that yellow motor sticking out of it!!

/ Kubota or SCAG #27  
Since your buying just move on up to the best mower made for speed and dependability. May be a few dollars more but spread out over several months isn't such a big figure. I have a F2680 for my fairly level rental property and I've had it almost 4 years with nothing done to it but oil and filters change. I also have F3080 4 WD for my hillside property and have used it for 2 mowing seasons and beginning number 3.
Why do you think rear discharge is bad? I prefer the rear discharge since it lets me cut on both side of the deck and lays the grass down spread out on the ground instead of making the windrows. I don't mow until my grass gets tall enough to know without a doubt where I've already mowed.

Thanks again for all the comments. The more I read them, the more I become convinced that a SCAG turf tiger with a Kubota diesel engine is the ultimate combo.
No, the Kubota F models are the ultimate mowing machine.:thumbsup: Bar none.:) Steering wheel, Kubota quality and dependability and the mowing deck is right there in front of you to see exactly what your mowing and will turn on a dime and will outrun any ZTR on a paved parking lot and on grass if you can stay on either one at top speed. Can choose between 26, 30 or 36 HP and can be gotten in a 4wd model. It's what people choose when they want to move from play mowing to real mowing.:D:laughing: It's the MANs Mower!!:laughing:

/ Kubota or SCAG #28  
I like Kubota's but wouldn't rule out a John Deere when it comes to a zero turn. The 7-iron decks give a cut that is hard to beat. I have a 710A with a 54" deck.

Deere's decks are shallow compared to many. Yea, they have lots lots of fancy marketing names like "7-iron" and "super duper cutty thing", but behind all that is a fine, but very average deck in my very biased opinion.

/ Kubota or SCAG
tractorski said:
The Turf Tiger actually comes with a Cat diesel, and it is a monster of mower, nothing can stop it. It is actually more fuel efficient than the turf tiger with the 29 DFI liquid cooled Kawasaki. Besides it looks pretty cool with that yellow motor sticking out of it!!

I know they kubota diesel is an option on a new tiger. I did hear that this motor is a bit underpowered compared to cat diesel.

/ Kubota or SCAG #30  
I am loyal to Kubota but have to give John Deere credit when it is due. I had a Kubota salesman tell me about taking a Kubota mower out to demonstrate to a potential customer who had a John Deere mower. He said he knew he didn't stand a chance. I mow for a number of customers, and the first time I was back on a number of properties, after cutting with my 710A Deere with the 7-iron deck, they remarked about the nicer looking cut than they previously had with my Kubota. I rest my case.....
Could blades have made the difference and not the deck/brand?