Kubota or SCAG

/ Kubota or SCAG #1  

maximus1277

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 KUBOTA B2320, 2010 KIOTI CK27, Kubota L3940,JD110 TLB
Ok.... I love kubota equipment, but I can't decide between the ZD331 and SCAG cheetah. Kubota has 15 hours on it. It is the rear discharge deck model which is not ideal for residential use around my house. The price is 12.5.

Scag has a Kawasaki air cooled engine. For the same money I can get it brand new with a triple bagger.

It would be nice to have another kubota around the house, but I just don't know which is a better way to go.

I have only 2 acres and currently mow with a 54 inch husky. Need something faster.

Help.

/ Kubota or SCAG #2  
I mow commercially, and I have 2 scags Tiger Cub and Turf Tiger. I considered the Cheetah last season but went for the Turf Tiger. I can tell you from experience that the Turf Tiger is the Best! and I have a Kubota tractor. Kubota has good stuff but they specialize in Big toys, my opinion.

Here is why I wouldn't go with a Cheetah...
1 the motors are gas hogs, and yes the Kawasaki is the Motor you want. the turf tiger with the Liquid cooled with last you a life time and burn half the fuel easily.
2 you can't mow as fast as they advertise it and get a good cut.

The only reason I like it is the the suspension.

Let me know if you have any questions

/ Kubota or SCAG #3  
I have a Kubota BX23 and while I like it, I think the scag would win hands down against a ZTR bota.

Kubota covers too broad of a range in equipment, while Scag has erned their stripes with one thing in mind..mowing. They must specialize in it and it must be good to deal with only one thing...unlike kubota.

By the way, I had it narrowed down between scag and exmark years ago,..I settled on the exmark lazer mostly due to dealer location...

And yes,I love my exmark and figure it will take me to the grave...which would not be bad considering I have had only one other mower in my lifetime...a wheelhorse...and yes it still runs as well.

/ Kubota or SCAG #4  
By the way, I had it narrowed down between scag and exmark years ago,..I settled on the exmark lazer mostly due to dealer location...

And yes,I love my exmark and figure it will take me to the grave...which would not be bad considering I have had only one other mower in my lifetime...a wheelhorse...and yes it still runs as well.

exmark and scag I do believe have very similar deck designs

/ Kubota or SCAG #5  
I have 2 Scags. They are great machines, but I would not buy another one with a Kohler. Get the Kawi.

/ Kubota or SCAG #6  
I have a Exmark with Kawi(18hp vtwin phazer 34") and brother has one with Briggs(24hp vtwin LazerZ 60"),been running them for 5yrs and 1 of the years was commercial. Neither has needed anything but blades and oil/filter changes.I believe Scag is just as good from what I seen before we bought. Kubota I have know clue,I have 2 of there tractors but have never heard good or bad things about them,I wouldnt be scared to buy one after owning my tractors. Heck just get you a Dixie Chopper:D

/ Kubota or SCAG #7  
My next mower will be a Bad Boy. Caterpillar diesel, 15MPH, and start at 11 or 12 grand. But, I have no knowledge of these models, just my $.02

/ Kubota or SCAG #8  
My next mower will be a Bad Boy. Caterpillar diesel, 15MPH, and start at 11 or 12 grand. But, I have no knowledge of these models, just my $.02

I think FERRIS also have the cat diesels...

Yep!! ferris.jpg 33.5 gross HP^ Caterpillar

Last edited:
   / Kubota or SCAG #10  
Scag, hands down for serious mowing...