G5200 Front PTO engagement belts

/ G5200 Front PTO engagement belts #21  
Jim, of course the upper lock nut controls the spring length/tightness when engaged, but the lower locknut should be tight also . Yours looks to be a few threads backed-off from being tight. Did you forget to do that or take the picture while doing the adjustment?

/ G5200 Front PTO engagement belts #22  
Good eye, Jim. I was in the middle of doing the adjustment when I thought
"If I don't just take the picture right now, I will forget to do it."
Then I finished measuring, adjusting & tightened the jam nut.
What you can't see in the photo is the pair of 8" locking pliers clamped onto the ferrule at the end of the cable housing, above the nuts & bracket. The pliers serve 2 purposes: first, to anti-rotate the cable while the upper nut is adjusted; second to flag me that the job isn't finished, yet. I know myself too well to leave loose ends without also leaving a visual telltale.

/ G5200 Front PTO engagement belts #23  
I found this post searching for a cheaper set of belts for my Kubota G2160 diesel. It has the small 33" dual belts which engage the PTO at the front of the tractor like the G5200 series does

I called the Kubota dealer and got the part number - K2110-25032. This part number is for a *matched pair* and the dealer's cost was $98 plus tax. I had found them earlier (same part number) on eBay for $87 for the pair with free shipping, so I ordered them there. Saved almost $20

They came in the genuine Kubota sleeve and the belts say "Bando W1000 SB-31" on them. Thinking that I might one day need another pair. I began searching for a better price for the Bando SB-31 and that's how I found this thread

I did go to the manufacturer's website and read up on the SB series of belts. They *are* indeed special. First, they are sold in matched pairs. Second, the thickness of the belt (inside diameter vs outside diameter) is thinner because they are specially made to be bent backwards by the idler which tightens the belts when you engage the PTO - They are NOT toothed

I did not find them cheaper than $87 anywhere, but since the pair I'm replacing (they're not completely worn out or broken, but I believe in changing things before they break) are 12 years old and have outlasted the original deck on my tractor, so I'm not *too* concerned about the $87 price

Hopefully my comments may help someone else who is either looking for this Kubota part number, or for a Bando SB-31 belt

Don

/ G5200 Front PTO engagement belts #24  
The belts that I ordered from Coleman on 12/08/2012:
Item #: 70000-740062
Description: 2 Belts Matched Set
Qty: 1
Price: $26.84

They only lasted one year, due to a problem with the mower deck, which caused the deck's belt to seize.
This spun the PTO belts in the sheave, creating a big cloud of white smoke and weakening the belts.

I purchased a replacement set, on 10/15/2013, from Apex Industrial Automation Items.
These were installed at that time and continue to perform well:

Receipt has BANDO letterhead.
2 Bando - POWER KING COG V-BELT - BX31 @ $7.78 = $15.56
Shipping: $16.24 (UPS Ground)
TOTAL DUE: $31.80

Jim

/ G5200 Front PTO engagement belts #25  
So that second pair of belts lasted thru the summer of 2016.
To be fair, the deck spindles and gearbox are not in the best shape, so there's probably more drag and wear on the belts than a smoother running deck would see.
I replaced the PTO belts, again, mid-summer of 2016, with a set that I bought as back-ups in Aug 2015.
Those are BX-30 cogged belts from V-Belt Global Supply and they are still going strong.

The belts that I ordered from Coleman on 12/08/2012:
Item #: 70000-740062
Description: 2 Belts Matched Set
Qty: 1
Price: $26.84

They only lasted one year, due to a problem with the mower deck, which caused the deck's belt to seize.
This spun the PTO belts in the sheave, creating a big cloud of white smoke and weakening the belts.

I purchased a replacement set, on 10/15/2013, from Apex Industrial Automation Items.
These were installed at that time and continue to perform well:

Receipt has BANDO letterhead.
2 Bando - POWER KING COG V-BELT - BX31 @ $7.78 = $15.56
Shipping: $16.24 (UPS Ground)
TOTAL DUE: $31.80

Jim