G1900 PTO shaft

/ G1900 PTO shaft #1  

boxer246

Tractor
Kubota B6000
Anyone know what the heck the little PTO shaft is coming out from the rear of the HST.....its really recessed in there. Was there attachments for the rear of the mower? Curious to know what you could run off of that.

/ G1900 PTO shaft #2  
:confused: I have the maintenance manual for the G1800 and G1900 mowers. Nowhere is it shown to have a PTO on the transmission. The only PTO is on the engine and drives the front PTO assy for the mower deck. There is a hydraulic outlet on the rear transmission that drives the deck lift and also a shaft to drive the cooling fan. Is there a chance you might take a photo of the location of the shaft in question? If there is a PTO, I'd sure like to know about it.:)

/ G1900 PTO shaft
Ah hah! I found what the heck its for. By the way its a splined shaft, on the top of the HST, if your looking at the rear of the tractor, you will see it recessed in there like 10 inches or so.....small splined shaft. It rotates according to engine speed....I checked today. Looks like its simply an extension of the driveshaft input shaft from the engine to the trans.

Anyway....I found an accessory rear PTO in the Kubota parts diagrams. Looks like a complete gearbox assembly that bolts onto the rear of the HST, and is driven off this shaft that I was wondering about. I assume its for some rear accessories....have no idea what. Looks like it has a clutch handle that probably gets mounted on the left rear fender. Cool! Would like to find one of those.

heres the Kubota diagram. Go down to "transmission", "rear PTO".
http://kpad2.kubota.co.jp/kpad2/PartsInfo.do?bookCd=100K0182&funcCd=&figNo=&himban=&dispType=0

Here's a pic of the shaft....looking from the rear, above the HST.
033.jpg

Last edited:
   / G1900 PTO shaft #4  
Well, that clears things up a lot. That body you are looking at is called the Auxiliary Pump. On other HSTs, it's called a charge pump. It functions to supply the main HST with fluid to prevent cavitation. The big hex nut is the cover for the aux pump's relief valve. The Maint. Man'l says this pump puts out 498 psi and a little less than 1-1/2 gpm flow at 1800 rpm. It also supplies the hydraulic lift cylinder for lifting the deck.

The maint. man'l says nothing about this being a PTO stub, but there wouldn't be much reason for it to be there if it didn't power something. It sounds like your dealer knows exactly what it is use for. I'd bet this shaft is called out and described only in the manuals for the add-on accessories.

Thanks for the photo. That made it much easier.

/ G1900 PTO shaft
Jinman did you click on the parts diagram I pulled off Kubota's website? It shows a whole accessory PTO clutch/gearbox that is supposed to mate up with this stub shaft. I didnt talk to the dealer I just was browsing through the parts fiche.
Looks like it actually bolts onto the unused threaded holes in the rear of the HST, and mates to this stub shaft through some sort of cush-coupling. It appears, then that you end up with a female splined output "shaft" to power some accessories....according to what I can make out on the diagram. If you click on "PDF" at the top of the diagram you can view it in much greater resolution.

Id love to find one in a tactor junkyard.

/ G1900 PTO shaft #6  
Jinman did you click on the parts diagram I pulled off Kubota's website?

Yes, I did click on it and it reported that the page was timed out. I think it's common for a page to time out at this type of site. Have you clicked on your link lately? Everything you say makes sense. I just find it particularly interesting that the owner's manual and maintenance manuals don't mention using the stub or connecting a gearbox.

/ G1900 PTO shaft
Hmmm, wierd it works fine for me. Try this: Kubota Tractor Corporation - Parts List

Go there and type G1900 into the search bar, it will bring up diagrams...go to transmission, rear PTO, and you'll see two pages of that gearbox.

/ G1900 PTO shaft #8  
You are right that it is clearly there in the online IPC, but my WSM and Op Man'l sold by Kubota make no mention of the rear PTO. My manuals cover the G1700, G1800, G1900, and G2000.:confused:

/ G1900 PTO shaft #9  
Its not technically a rear pto, It runs at a max of 2K rpm. They offered a rear tiller for it. I have never seen one. I looked into all this when i bought mine and saw it had a "rear pto". they also made a rear three point hitch option. It was about a thousand bucks. it had a valve that you switched between the mower deck lift and the rear hyd pto lift for the tiller or other cat 0 implements.

stout little tractor, but the options were so expensive, no one bought them...