G1800 Deck

/ G1800 Deck #1  

roofgoat

Tractor
Kubota G1800
My dad has an older G1800 that is used on a pretty tough Missouri yard, about 2 acres. Because the G1800 does not have height cut adjustment, I'm wondering if this is OK.

When approaching rocky, and or unlevel parts of the yard, could I just keep the PTO enaged and lift the hydraulic deck. Now I know the cut won't be much but for the rougher areas it will look fine.

Any downside too this? I do this all the time on my property with my Simplicity's deck which is manualy/chain raised with no issues.

/ G1800 Deck #2  
I have a G1800S with a 48" deck...

When my deck is fully raised, the deck drive shaft knuckle, etc almost hit the deck. If I went over a bump with that shaft spinning while fully raised, I'm pretty sure it would strike the deck.

Your deck may be different, but I'd look under there with everything shut off and the deck in fully raised position. If you have plenty of shaft component clearance, you're probably OK to raise while engaged.

Other than that, I keep my deck adjustments (anti-scalp roller height settings) at maximum and have had no problems on a crappy, uneven farm lawn and paths.

/ G1800 Deck
Branchchipper, thats what we have here, crappy farm yards:D

I don't know if my older 1800 has any adjustments like the antiscalp.

/ G1800 Deck #4  
The adjustments are on the brackets that hold the anti-scalp rollers and two rear corner wheels onto the deck, There are multiple bolt holes for the rollers, and a shaft with various keeper-pin holes for the rear deck wheels on mine.
I've never seen a G-series Kubota deck without similar adjustments, but I'm no expert..

Originally, each deck had a decal showing a table of which combination of bolt holes and pin settings would give you a certain blade height adjustment.
That may be long gone if your deck is "weathered."
(I assume the owner's manual is gone, too?)

/ G1800 Deck #5  
I lift my deck in rough areas anywhere from an inch to all the way up and have never had a problem. The lift cylinder will bleed down over time, so the only way to get a perfect repeatable level is to do the wheel/roller adjustments, but lifting the deck to avoid obstructions works great on my mower.

/ G1800 Deck
Branchchipper, yes, don't have the manual, we bought it 2nd hand.

Thank you and Jinman for the feedback. I'll look at the rollers this weekend.

/ G1800 Deck #7  
My Owner's Manual for the mower shows nothing about the deck since there are several deck options. The decks probably all have dedicated manuals. However, I also have the Maint. Man'l and it shows the deck adjustments for all decks. Here are the two pages for adjusting the 48" deck.

Attachments

• G1800-DeckAdjust.jpg
    G1800-DeckAdjust.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,475
  • G1800-DeckAdjust 001.jpg
    G1800-DeckAdjust 001.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 1,870
   / G1800 Deck
that's great jinman - thanks. I may ask you another question this weekend once I get in front of the mower and look at the deck and the diagram you provided.

/ G1800 Deck #9  
Do you perhaps have the maintenance manual portion for removing/repairing steering. My mower has sloppy steering and I want to tighten it up. Is it possible for you to copy/email the relevant portions of that manual to enlighten me. Thank you very much......tnsig@bellsouth.net

/ G1800 Deck #10  
Do you perhaps have the maintenance manual portion for removing/repairing steering. My mower has sloppy steering and I want to tighten it up. Is it possible for you to copy/email the relevant portions of that manual to enlighten me. Thank you very much......tnsig@bellsouth.net

No! I paid good money for my manuals. I'm not sending a copy to a 1-poster who asks for outrageous favors.

Mooch -
Verb: Ask for or obtain (something) without paying for it.
Noun: A beggar or scrounger.
Synonyms: loiter