New GR2020

/ New GR2020 #1  

cpellis

Just took delivery of a new GR2020. It is a great machine on hills and uneven ground. It mows great and leaves a beautiful cut, as do most Kubotas. All that I have read states that the Hydrostat transmisson is a new design from the older GR's. I have had no issues with it so for. My father-in-law has an older GR2000. It is about 6 years old and he has had excellent service out of it. I feel like the GR's get a bad rap sometimes. The GR2020 has a suspension seat and rides better than the older GR's. I also have a ZG327 zero turn. It holds the hills pretty good, but there are places that I can mow with the GR2020 that I cannot mow with the ZG327.

/ New GR2020 #3  
Congrat's and good luck with it. Got any pic's? We don't see too many GR pic's here since, as you said, it seems to get a bad rap, but hopefully the new ones are solid.

/ New GR2020
Here is a photo. It's just off the trailer.

Attachments

• 2012-03-31_11-41-46_108.jpg
    2012-03-31_11-41-46_108.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 887
   / New GR2020 #5  
My First Post...

I presently own a BX2350 and before that I owned a BX2200 (Better tractor in my opinion than the BX2350)...

But, I am looking at the AWD models now and I really am not too familiar with their model numbers and why it was mentioned in this thread that they have gotten a "bad rap" in the past...

Actually, this tractor would be for my mother, an older lady. Any thoughts, pro or con, on these AWD tractors?...

Thanks...BCBSLICK

/ New GR2020
The GR2000 that my father-in-law has is 6 years old and has about 475 hours on it. It has been an excellent tractor. I know that some have had issues with the Hydro on the early models , but his has been a great mower.The new GR2020 that I just purchased, seems to be a great mower also. It is very simple to operate. The awd feature makes it extremely stable on slopes and hills. It would serve your mother well.

/ New GR2020 #7  
Thanks for the reply cpellis...

I guess all in all, I have had good luck with Kubotas also as did my dad...

Now I will have to go to the dealer and see what my dad's 1680 might be worth on a trade in. I am uncertain of the year of that tractor, but it is at least 11 years old. It has mowed a good amount of grass. It is the deisel model...

I don't know whether to look at the gas or deisel model that is offered in the AWD. At least I think there is that option...

Thanks again...BCBSLICK