Default New GR2020

Just took delivery of a new GR2020. It is a great machine on hills and uneven ground. It mows great and leaves a beautiful cut, as do most Kubotas. All that I have read states that the Hydrostat transmisson is a new design from the older GR's. I have had no issues with it so for. My father-in-law has an older GR2000. It is about 6 years old and he has had excellent service out of it. I feel like the GR's get a bad rap sometimes. The GR2020 has a suspension seat and rides better than the older GR's. I also have a ZG327 zero turn. It holds the hills pretty good, but there are places that I can mow with the GR2020 that I cannot mow with the ZG327.

Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: New GR2020

Congratulations and good luck!

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Congrat's and good luck with it. Got any pic's? We don't see too many GR pic's here since, as you said, it seems to get a bad rap, but hopefully the new ones are solid.
    Chris

2 acres and a mule, er, Kubota BX25, and too many other toys,er, tools to list.

Here is a photo. It's just off the trailer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2012-03-31_11-41-46_108-a  

Tractor
    BX2670

Question Re: New GR2020

My First Post...

I presently own a BX2350 and before that I owned a BX2200 (Better tractor in my opinion than the BX2350)...

But, I am looking at the AWD models now and I really am not too familiar with their model numbers and why it was mentioned in this thread that they have gotten a "bad rap" in the past...

Actually, this tractor would be for my mother, an older lady. Any thoughts, pro or con, on these AWD tractors?...

Thanks...BCBSLICK

The GR2000 that my father-in-law has is 6 years old and has about 475 hours on it. It has been an excellent tractor. I know that some have had issues with the Hydro on the early models , but his has been a great mower.The new GR2020 that I just purchased, seems to be a great mower also. It is very simple to operate. The awd feature makes it extremely stable on slopes and hills. It would serve your mother well.

Tractor
    BX2670

Thanks for the reply cpellis...

I guess all in all, I have had good luck with Kubotas also as did my dad...

Now I will have to go to the dealer and see what my dad's 1680 might be worth on a trade in. I am uncertain of the year of that tractor, but it is at least 11 years old. It has mowed a good amount of grass. It is the deisel model...

I don't know whether to look at the gas or deisel model that is offered in the AWD. At least I think there is that option...

Thanks again...BCBSLICK