Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Several tractors/trenchers/mowers

You said one thing in above post that worried me you said you "give it some gas"? With that comment it sounds like you are not running the machine wide open?
    They are made to run full throttle as that allows them to cool and work as they are suppose to. Running at less than wfo(wide freck'n open) will shorten the life of your machine.
    Just my 2cents
    If it ain't smokin' it's broken.

Tractor
    g1900s

Default Re: G1900s stalling on sharp left turns

Quote Originally Posted by powerstroke444e View Post
    You said one thing in above post that worried me you said you "give it some gas"? With that comment it sounds like you are not running the machine wide open?
    They are made to run full throttle as that allows them to cool and work as they are suppose to. Running at less than wfo(wide freck'n open) will shorten the life of your machine.
    Just my 2cents
    It's running full throttle, I just meant accelerating after it starts to sputter in an attempt to keep it running.

Tractor
    g1900s

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Josh, my G1800 has the seat switch disabled. It was that way when I bought my G1800 a couple of years ago. The seat switch makes contact when the operator is present and opens when you get out of the seat, so all you have to do is put a jumper between the wires in the connector to bypass the switches operation.

To ensure your safety circuits are not causing your machine to shut down when you turn left, you should open the hood and disconnect the fuel cutoff solenoid. It's located above the water pump and looks like the illustration below with a pigtail connector. Disconnect the solenoid and then drive around making left turns. If the engine no longer dies, your problem is electrical and something is causing the solenoid to shut the engine down. If the engine still dies, then your problem is probably fuel feed related to a dirty filter or faulty fuel pump.

BTW: While the solenoid is disconnected, you probably won't be able to stop the engine with the key. Reconnect the solenoid and then turn off the key for normal operation. It's important to turn off the key after the solenoid is reconnected because the kill signal to the solenoid is only there for 10 seconds after the key is turned off.
    I'll take a look. I didn't have a chance to replace the fuel filters this weekend (tractor comes along with a new home purchase and that new home is currently gutted and eating up all my spare time).

Previous owner installed a push button start/stop, so I have a feeling this has already been done, but I'll check it out.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions. Very comforting knowing that there's people out there with answers.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by jabr1319 View Post
    Previous owner installed a push button start/stop, so I have a feeling this has already been done, but I'll check it out.
    Yes, these machines all seem to have the same nagging little issues that eventually arise. My G1800 had the seat switch bypassed and it was started by shorting two wires together when I got it. The kill solenoid was removed and a choke-like knob has to be pulled to manually kill the engine. I installed a momentary pushbutton start switch. There's no telling how many fixes you have on your machine either. Right now, my temperature gage only works about half the time, but there is an audible 2nd alarm on the temperature if it gets up to 248 F. That recently went off while mowing tall grass and I found the radiator screen was full of lint. I sure was glad that audible alarm was there.
    Jim

Tractor
    g1900s

So I think I figured out why I'm stalling on the sharp left turns.... It turns out the throttle lever is backing off on those sharp turns. If I drive around holding the throttle at full, I can drive in circles all day without stalling. If I take a sharp left and don't hold the throttle, odds are the throttle will lower a 1/2-1 inch or so from full throttle and the machine will sputter and stall out.

Now to figure out why it's doing this...What are the odds somebody wants to email me a service manual? I suppose I can bite the bullet and buy one, but if by chance a kind soul is out there, my email is my username @ gmail.com

Thanks again for all the suggestions. As a result I replaced my fuel filters and cleaned up the wiring mess underneath my seat. Soon enough I'll get this maintenance routine figured out.

-Josh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12