Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tractor
    Kubota W5019

Default Re: Kubota W5021-sc lawn mower

I would be interested in you W5019 if it is still available. My number is 216-409-1126

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1962 IH B414

if it was my w5019, I sold it for $180 about 3 months ago.

Tractor
    New Holland TC55da and 1630

Quote Originally Posted by houstonscott View Post
    Yes, kubota made lawn mowers for two years. I bought mine in MD in 1993. A W5021-sc. Best lawn mower ever made. It has worked at least once a week since 1993. However this last week it just died, like it ran out of fuel. So I go online and find they still make parts, put a new exhaust and muffler on (didn't need it), replaced the fuel lines and fuel filter. Ordered an air cleaner not here yet. Put gas and in it and runs like top. Out mowing and working. Not bad. Once every twenty years you would expect some down time. This thing is a tank. Anyone else own a Kubota lawn mower like this one have a similar experience.

HS
    I have two
    One is push
    One is self propelled
    I am proud of the mower but not me that the mower went 17 years without oil change.
    That's mowing 6000 sf of tall fescue and st Augustine in so cal where grass is green year round

I've cleaned the carb a few times of debris
    I put a new rope and plug in at 17 years.
    It's still on original blade.
    My wife work at toro irrigation in riverside and though I could had a two stroke commercial toro for less, I opted for the kubota and what a workhorse

Power efficient ease to start
    I choke and by third lazy pull it fires up and runs.

Dumbest thing kubota ever did past changing their logo was dropping this mower

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1962 IH B414

my aunt gave me her w5021. It had the dipstick broken, or a hole ..... it seized from running out of oil. She lived a small town in NW WA and took it to local auto mechanic/garage. He fixed mower (minimal work....never rebuilt it) and it still runs fine to this day. Alum deck sure helps the longevity.

Tractor
    Kubota L3540HST-1

Been looking for a good lawn mower (hard to find these days) to replace my 25 year old lawnboy. The lawnboy still runs, but not very well and the drive train is shot on the self-propelled. We only use the small lawn mower to knock down the grass paths in the garden where the rider won't fit. Ended up picking up this 5021-SC that was in fantastic shape (almost like new).

-image-1077329221-jpg

-image-2826519577-jpg

I wasn't quite sure what I had bought (quality wise) until I read this post. I just figured if it's orange, it's got to be good! Glad to have another orange lawn tool around the property.
    Thomas (aka Kubota Tee)

Kubota L3540 with LA724 FEL.,HD Bucket with bolt on cutting edge, Custom FEL Forks, Taylor Way 7' box blade, 6' gill rake, Custom Tree Scoop, 6' Woods finish mower, custom FEL attached snow plow.

Toro GT2300 with 54" mower deck, snow blade and 42" spreader/spiker.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1962 IH B414

OMG!! you scored!! that looks like new. I can't believe paint could look that good. You think it was rattle-canned maybe? none of my business really, but how much did you pay for that beauty?

Tractor
    Kubota L3540HST-1

Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    OMG!! you scored!! that looks like new. I can't believe paint could look that good. You think it was rattle-canned maybe? none of my business really, but how much did you pay for that beauty?
    I picked it up from a young guy (maybe mid twenties) who's Dad works at a kubota dealer. Someone had traded it in on a rider and the dealership went through it and tuned it up as well as cleaned it up. Yes, there is evidence of some paint touch ups! The guy was asking $150. I offered $130 cash and he accepted. Put it right to work when I got it home. I'm very happy with my purchase!

Thomas
    Thomas (aka Kubota Tee)

Kubota L3540 with LA724 FEL.,HD Bucket with bolt on cutting edge, Custom FEL Forks, Taylor Way 7' box blade, 6' gill rake, Custom Tree Scoop, 6' Woods finish mower, custom FEL attached snow plow.

Tractor
    Kubota L3540HST-1

Quote Originally Posted by kubota Tee View Post
    I picked it up from a young guy (maybe mid twenties) who's Dad works at a Kubota dealer. Someone had traded it in on a rider and the dealership went through it and tuned it up as well as cleaned it up. Yes, there is evidence of some paint touch ups! The guy was asking $150. I offered $130 cash and he accepted. Put it right to work when I got it home. I'm very happy with my purchase! Thomas
    Forgot to mention that it came with 3 extra blades - 2 of which have never been used! Came with bag (no rips or tears), two mulching plugs and a source for used parts - they keep 2 or 3 units around as parts machines.
    Thomas (aka Kubota Tee)

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1962 IH B414

OMG!!! you scored huge on that one!! well done. I'm green with envy. If you decide you need a Honda mower instead.... and want to ship it to Sumas, WA.... I'd be glad to buy that from you!! (not gonna happen...i know..).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234