Kubota T1460 Kawasaki 12.5 hp Engine Oil Leak

/ Kubota T1460 Kawasaki 12.5 hp Engine Oil Leak #1  

B52

Tractor
Kubota B2620 ; also 1939 AC model B

I have a 16 year old Kubota T1460 with the 12.5 hp Kawasaki engine. Good lawn mower except that this season it has developed one heck of an oil leak that is coming from somewhere around the lower mid level of the engine. Looking at the engine diagrams it looks like the crankcase is 2 pieces with the parting line somewhere around mid-level. Could the oil leak be a possible blown out gasket at the crankcase parting line ? Or is there something else down in there that is a known spot to develop leaks ?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered ......

/ Kubota T1460 Kawasaki 12.5 hp Engine Oil Leak #2  
I don't think it is common, but it does happen. The engine blocks are made in two pieces for assembly. Briggs & Stratton uses a similar "pan" bottom on their engines. I had a 12.5 hp Briggs engine that the pan bolts loosened on and it leaked just as you described. I disassembled the whole mower (somewhat of a pain) and removed the engine. All the bolts on one side had loosened to finger tight probably due to vibration and heat cycling. The gasket had blown out and only about 1/3 of it was there. Replacing the gasket and properly torquing the pan bolts was all I needed to put the engine back in top running condition. I used that mower for 5 years after fixing it with no more evidence of loosening. Who knows why the bolts don't get properly torqued at the factory. I always blame it on a shift change.;)