Kubota G2160 (diesel) will not start

/ Kubota G2160 (diesel) will not start #1  

danozbug

Tractor
Kubota
I have replace the battery, the starter, the 4 fuses under the dash, and the key switch. When I turn the key all of the lights come on and I can hear the fuel pump running, turn the key 3/4 of the way the glow plug heater light comes on, but nothing happens at the start position. I tried to do the screw driver on the hot side of the solenoid trick lots of sparks but the engine does not turn over (removed the starter and tried it again and still nothing). I have also tried cleaning the battery grounding, and the frame grounding point.

Does anyone have any ideas??? I have heard of using a John Deer low voltage relay, but not sure if it will work on my little lawn tractor.

/ Kubota G2160 (diesel) will not start #2  
When you had the starter off, did you try the starter direct to the battery to see if the starter works? Use a set of jumper cables. Hook the cables up to the battery and the negative to the starter case, then just touch the positive to where the power lead attaches.

If it doesn't spin - that's your problem.

/ Kubota G2160 (diesel) will not start #3  
You said you replaced the starter. I doubt you'd have 2 bad starters. Have you tested the continuity of the wires from the battery to the solenoid, and from the solenoid to the starter. You may have nothing more than a wire that appears to be good giving you trouble.

/ Kubota G2160 (diesel) will not start #4  
Boy you spent alot of money there. Hook a volt meter to the solenoid at the small colored wire, most of the time it's yellow, turn switch to start should have 12 volts. If not and the switch has 12 volts then it's a wire or switch. If 12 volts at solenoid input check for voltage at out put of solenoid going to the starter.
If you have voltage there then starter is bad or the engine is locked up. The starter should have kicked the bendix drive in the frist time you tried it and stay engaged with the fly wheel. If it did then the starter well get hot also the wire feeding the starter. That is if the engine is lockrd up. "This is with a good ground." The guys before me are saying the same thing. One other thing, made sure all you safety switchs are good!!!!!!!!

/ Kubota G2160 (diesel) will not start
Thanks for the replay's I fixed it, finally!

It was a bad wire on the mower deck engagement handle safety switch. The switch was working (providing continuity), but the wire was not allowing enough voltage to pass thru to engage the final safety interlock. If I did not see the small cut in the wire I would probable still be looking for it.

What a pain in the butt and expensive, wish I had found this site earlier might have saved some cash.