Wider tires on ZD331

/ Wider tires on ZD331 #1  

Grn mtn boy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 GST with R4s and a Woods LC108 loader / John Deere 1025R with 7 Iron deck
Has anyone replaces the stock 26x12x12 tires with a wider ones? Say 26x14x12? I just picked up a used one and love the power but the thing weighs 700 lbs more then my older zero turn and its on the same width tire so it tends to leave ruts when it's wet. I'm guessing with a 2 inch wider tire I'd need new rims also?

Thanks for any info, Chris

/ Wider tires on ZD331 #2  
A 2" wider tire is only 1" wider on each side. It should fit the rim just fine, but will have a bit of a balloon. Check your clearances. You may need to space the wheels out a bit, or flip them around to offset them out a bit.

/ Wider tires on ZD331
A 2" wider tire is only 1" wider on each side. It should fit the rim just fine, but will have a bit of a balloon. Check your clearances. You may need to space the wheels out a bit, or flip them around to offset them out a bit.

Thanks for the info....
Here are the ones I was looking at. I just noticed they're 26.5 diameter vs 26. Do you think that will change the deck pitch too much?

/ Wider tires on ZD331
Thanks for the info....
Here are the ones I was looking at. I just noticed they're 26.5 diameter vs 26. Do you think that will change the deck pitch too much?

Forgot to attach the link!! Sorry...

Here it is

/ Wider tires on ZD331 #5  
It will pitch the rear of the deck upwards 1/4" which can be adjusted at the deck or the tire pressure slightly lowered.

/ Wider tires on ZD331 #6  
Let us know how this works. It stays wet around these parts so I can't cut the same direction more than once a month.

/ Wider tires on ZD331 #7  
deleted

/ Wider tires on ZD331
missingstexas said:
Let us know how this works. It stays wet around these parts so I can't cut the same direction more than once a month.

It won't be until spring. The mower is put away for the winter but I'll post back if I do put the wider tires on.

Chris

/ Wider tires on ZD331 #9  
I had a lot of tire slip and I loaded my back tires on my z445 with beet juice, this did help, also I'm not a heavy person so I think it made a big difference in traction. Just wondering if this might not be a problem with you too.