Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #11  
Not knowing anything about Bad Boy other then they sell them at Tractor Supply, I shied away from them becasue there wasn't the type of support available locally that I wanted. For that kind of money, I want to buy something that I can walk into the dealer and get what I want for it, or take it to them and have them fix it. If you have that with Bad Boy where you live, then it becomes more of quality of build, ride and price.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR.
The local tractor dealer carry a very large selection of the them and would go there first as opposed to TSC

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #13  
I just saw a Kubota ZD221 on CL this week... 2011 model with 20 hrs, small business bought it for estate mowing and changed directions so are selling it.. they claim to have paid $12,500 and are selling for $8500. It sure looks like a nice unit but the price paid seems high (found some at ~$10,000) so perhaps the $8500 is also high..

We only have a couple acres of lawn so not sure I need that much mower, but really like the idea of the diesel zero turn that would last the rest of my life..

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #14  
I agree $12,500 paid is high unless it has a bagger included.

That said, $8500 for only 20 hours on the unit is not bad if it still has a good chunk of warranty time left. That's almost $2000 less than I paid for a brand new one.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #16  
I'd buy the $11000 F2680e 60" rear discharge deck from John Thomas:) or Barlows who is going to get it when we trade with only 115 hours and is twice the machine.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #17  
I bought a ZD21 in 2003 and traded it this spring for a new ZD326P. I never had any issues ar all with the 21 in 9 years of non commercial use. The 326 has a much more responsive transmission due to the addition of a boost pump but it is a heavier machine. I think the 326 would meet your criteria of lasting a lifetime.

Steve

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #18  
I'd buy the $11000 F2680e 60" rear discharge deck from John Thomas:) or Barlows who is going to get it when we trade with only 115 hours and is twice the machine.

Barlows sales man of the year... Take a bow John Thomas. Consignments take a while.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #19  

Mr. Thomas, I read what you had to say about the f series and I thought I'd take a moment to thank you, your comments were spot-on. So I bought an F3680 4 weeks ago from my local dealer here in ottawa, had them install a F5720 blower and had a chance to use it several times now, what a machine. The power is great and is much better than the 60" rear mount blower I have been used to on my B7800. I can't wait to try the mower.
They say the F series machines are best in class mowers, and if mowing is anything like snow blowing, this will be a pleasure indeed.
Dan

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #20  
Mr. Thomas, I read what you had to say about the f series and I thought I'd take a moment to thank you, your comments were spot-on. So I bought an F3680 4 weeks ago from my local dealer here in ottawa, had them install a F5720 blower and had a chance to use it several times now, what a machine. The power is great and is much better than the 60" rear mount blower I have been used to on my B7800. I can't wait to try the mower.
They say the F series machines are best in class mowers, and if mowing is anything like snow blowing, this will be a pleasure indeed.
Dan

Guess you can see I believe in them enough to own two, one at rental property location and one at home hillside property.:D
I don't think you'll ever be disappointed with your purchase while mowing. I still enjoy mine mostly and I don't care much for mowing. Figured if I had to do something I didn't like, I wanted to do it as fast, reliable, low maintenance and comfortable as possible and maybe a little bit enjoyable. That's what the F does.:thumbsup: