Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #1  

Geneha

Tractor
Kubota B7500
I am thinking about upgrading my 60" 26hp gas mower to a diesel one. Now that I have a diesel tractor I want to have similar fuel to buy. This would also the last mower I would have to buy. This should last me 20+ years or so. Another advantage to the diesel engines is that they are water cooled..

I am looking a 2 diesel ZTRs.

1) Kubota ZD326 60". A feature I like is that the cutter deck is driven by a drive shaft and the only belt is the one that drives each cutter blade. Another option is rear discharge. 13 gallon fuel tank(s). CON: $13,200 and some change

2) Bad Boy Compact Diesel 61". Being from Arkansas the BB are made here. The Kubota has a 26hp 1.0L engine. The BB has a CAT 28hp 1.1L engine. (No biggie). 18 gallon fuel tank(s). CON. it has more belts and no drive shaft to run the cutter deck. BB has rubber isolation on each wheel so a better ride and some of our land is kinda ruff. . PRO: Price $11.500

Both are colored orange so no color conflicts.

My other mower is about 600 lbs and both if the above are about 1500 lbs each. I have mowed over the leach line with the tractor so the ZTR weight should be a issue mowing over the leach line ( I hope)

Any comments on either brand would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #2  
I have a eXmark 60" with a 31HP 3 cyl dihatsu in it, you won't regret the diesel.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #3  
I'd check the noise level!!!! look at the seats and compare! The drive system on the Kubota goes a bit further, look at the outer pulleys on the Kubota deck as well as the drive belt! We normally see 4,000 plus hours on the Kubota with no major problems from our commercial users.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #4  
One of the "pros" for the Kubota is the built-in jack and oscillating front axle. I have a ZD221 and have used the built-in jack to clean under the deck and sharpen blades. The ZD326 has an even better jack mechanism.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR.
I have looked and drive the Kubota and the noise level is lower then my current gas model. Can't be any noisier then my B7500 tractor. Now that I found out about the jack that might help the pendulum swing direction. I have a MoJack but really like the built in jack.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR.
I have a eXmark 60" with a 31HP 3 cyl dihatsu in it, you won't regret the diesel.

Just checked the website and they now come with Kubota diesel engines.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #7  
I have a ZD323-60 and it is fantastic. The jack on the front makes life wonderful. The noise level is pretty high but
i wear ear protection all the time. The only thing I wish was the seat height was a lower.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #8  
Go to the Kubota Corp site Kubota Tractor Corporation and see what the F Commercial mowers are and prices. I'm trading in my F2680e 60" rear discharge deck with 115 hours to Barlows. I believe you'll be able to buy it for near the money your saying you can get a Zero turn mower and they are not in the same league. The F is an $18000 to $20000 machine and this one will last a couple of lifetimes. The one I'm trading in has been used to mow flat rental property and never left outside, I keep it in one of the storage units on the property. The oil and filters have been changed at 50 and 100 hours and the antifreeze has been changed at 100 hours.
Do your research and I believe you'll see that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I trade often and the reason I'm trading this one is it's for my business and has been written off and need new one for more write off for business expense plus I just like trading. This itrade will be my 14th Kubota in 10 years. Love new Kubotas.
.http://barlowequipment.com/used.htm

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #9  
I have an old JD 332 diesel tractor style mower and a couple years old ZTR. The JD is a 54" and the ZTR gasser is 52". It takes about 6 gallons of gas but only about 3 for the diesel when I mow my yard. It is handy to have only one fuel for tractor and mower not to mention the gas going stale pretty fast even with Stabil, but the price tags for the diesels are out of sight. I would like to have one with a good automotive type suspension or at least something besides straight axles and little springs under the seat which dont do much on rough ground which I have a lot off.
My next door neighbor runs a professional mowing service and uses Exmark mowers. I havent heard him complain about anything on them.

/ Thinking about buy a diesel ZTR. #10  
Go to the Kubota Corp site Kubota Tractor Corporation and see what the F Commercial mowers are and prices. I'm trading in my F2680e 60" rear discharge deck with 115 hours to Barlows. I believe you'll be able to buy it for near the money your saying you can get a Zero turn mower and they are not in the same league. The F is an $18000 to $20000 machine and this one will last a couple of lifetimes. The one I'm trading in has been used to mow flat rental property and never left outside, I keep it in one of the storage units on the property. The oil and filters have been changed at 50 and 100 hours and the antifreeze has been changed at 100 hours.
Do your research and I believe you'll see that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I trade often and the reason I'm trading this one is it's for my business and has been written off and need new one for more write off for business expense plus I just like trading. This itrade will be my 14th Kubota in 10 years. Love new Kubotas.
.http://barlowequipment.com/used.htm

Now that is a mower to be proud of. I think maybe if I was in the market for a new diesel mower I would try to find one of those in good used condition. One like that even with several thousand hours should still last me for a lifetime