G5200 hydro trans replacement

/ G5200 hydro trans replacement #1  

bbuchanan62

Tractor
G5200 HST
Has anyone done this before? I have a used one coming and will be attempting to replace my damaged Hydro transmission in my 1985 G5200HST. I'm looking for some document that would help me or a youtube video.

Thanks

/ G5200 hydro trans replacement #2  
I don't know any documents that would be better than careful disassembly of your current unit with lots of digital photos to use when you forget how something goes together. Bag parts in Ziploc bags labeled with a Sharpie pen. Are you aware that you can view illustrated parts diagrams for free on the Kubota website?

/ G5200 hydro trans replacement
Thanks Jim. I will take your advice. Ziploc bags labeled is an excellent idea. I planned on taking pictures as I dismantle it as necessary. Meanwhile, your info regarding the diagrams on the Kubota website is terrific. I didn't know that was available either. You may have given me just what I need to get this job done.

Again, thank you for the response. I will let all know how I make out. It may be a month or two down the road.

B

/ G5200 hydro trans replacement #4  
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

/ G5200 hydro trans replacement #5  
Meanwhile, your info regarding the diagrams on the Kubota website is terrific. I didn't know that was available either. You may have given me just what I need to get this job done.

B

To get to the Kubota Parts Diagrams, first go to this site. Scroll down and check the box agreeing to terms and conditions and then click on the "Open" box. Next, type in your model, G5200, in the model box and Enter. You'll be presented with a list of assemblies on the left and the diagrams will appear in the window to the right. Enjoy!

/ G5200 hydro trans replacement #6  
Hopefully I am not too late. What you should have is a Eaton model 11 Hydrostaic Transmission. I have the complete breakdown / repair manual. It even has a transmission problem flow chart. A copy is yours for the asking. Just let me know.

Profnohair

/ G5200 hydro trans replacement
I finished the job. I sent pictures and info about it to this website, but it was never posted. I found a used trans through ebay and replaced it. "Then," I began to test it and found out the real problem was the driveshaft and boss block had sheared. That was actually my problem. I replaced the shaft and boss and the machine is running great. Too bad the pictures and info I provided is not posted. It could help someone in the future. I appreciate you offering the repair manual. Looks like I probably have two good transmissions now. So, if the one in the machine goes bad, I will just change it out again! Thanks for offering.

BBuchanan62

/ G5200 hydro trans replacement #8  
Maybe after a few more posts, you'll be able to post the pics. I a G5200 unti 2001, good machine and really tough, my son has had it since '01 and won't part with it.