ZD221 for residential lawn care

/ ZD221 for residential lawn care #1  

Cody Matthees

Tractor
CAT 262D, CAT 908M
Looking into a ZD221 48" deck for doing some residential mowing as a side job. I think the 48" deck would be best as it would allow me to get into tighter areas than a 54 or 60" and even with the smaller deck it should be faster than the X485 54" Deere I use now. . For now I'm looking at doing 10-15 hours a week of use.

Thoughts on this or should I be looking at a 323

Thanks!

-Cody

/ ZD221 for residential lawn care #2  
Looks like we are in the same boat! I am leaning to the zd221 Due to less weight and less scalping on bumpy lawn with the 48" deck . The 48" will fit into a few areas better as well. Presently running a Skag Freedom Z 48" which has been flawless but the Kubota keeps calling to me!

/ ZD221 for residential lawn care
yeah I'm thinking the 48'' will work well for some smaller properties and I really like the diesel engine. the local dealer here wasn't even sure if they've ever sold one though. most guys go for the 326 or 331 with a 60 or 72'' but they're too big and heavy for what I want to do. For a 48'' it's pretty spendy but with a good maintenance schedule it'll outlast just about anything else out there I feel.

I really like Kubota products. Their excavators are awesome and same for their CTL's, I hope I can demo a mower this spring/early summer and go from there.

/ ZD221 for residential lawn care #4  
I was thinking the ZD-326 was what I wanted, the dealer had a new ZD-331 that he would give me a great deal on but after reading up on the size and weight of those beasts I had deceided on the ZD-221. Now I just need the snow to melt so I can get my Skag out to trade it in ! Good luck!