How to setup the Forward/back/speed control G1900 HST

/ How to setup the Forward/back/speed control G1900 HST #1  

Tigre

Tractor
Tigre has broken gearbox. Using FIAT 540DT 4x4
Hi,

I have a G1900S 4WS. It is new to me and was in need of maintenance. The deck was rusted out, so I have a new galvanized one made. Motor had been rebuild not long ago. Runs well, albeit somewhat hot, but then it is Summer in Oz!

My problem is that the speed control was slipping back to 'slow' and the foot control is hard to work, especially in reverse. It is hard to see how it all fits together. I have removed the spring assembly on the speed control and did a WD40 on it and reassembled it in the hope it was just lack of use - maybe 4 years in a shed.

I tightened the retaining nut which seems to help the speed control lever to stay in place, but the foot pedal does not seem to work except when the speed control is 'off', only time I seem to get reverse. When I say does not work, I don't need to press it to 'go', obviously not so desirable!

I do not have a WSM and the IP does not show enough detail. Please can anyone help me understand how one sets these up?

Many thanks.
Bob

/ How to setup the Forward/back/speed control G1900 HST #2  
Hi Bob,
Being a 'mere woman' I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but can tell you I bought a WSM from a well known auction site only a couple of weeks ago for very little money!
Hope it helps:)

/ How to setup the Forward/back/speed control G1900 HST #3  
Hi,

I have a G1900S 4WS. It is new to me and was in need of maintenance. The deck was rusted out, so I have a new galvanized one made. Motor had been rebuild not long ago. Runs well, albeit somewhat hot, but then it is Summer in Oz!

My problem is that the speed control was slipping back to 'slow' and the foot control is hard to work, especially in reverse. It is hard to see how it all fits together. I have removed the spring assembly on the speed control and did a WD40 on it and reassembled it in the hope it was just lack of use - maybe 4 years in a shed.

I tightened the retaining nut which seems to help the speed control lever to stay in place, but the foot pedal does not seem to work except when the speed control is 'off', only time I seem to get reverse. When I say does not work, I don't need to press it to 'go', obviously not so desirable!

I do not have a WSM and the IP does not show enough detail. Please can anyone help me understand how one sets these up?

Many thanks.
Bob

Bob, you need to talk to a dealer or find a dealer in the US who will ship to Australia. I'm sending you the info you need because it's only two pages. I paid around $69 for my WSM from messicks.com. They sell OMs and WSMs on their site. I suspect shipping might be more than the cost of the manual.

For one of these adjustments, you'll need to remove the rear tires. For the other one, you need to remove the rear deck. I'd suggest doing both so you have plenty of space to work and have the whole area open to work and lube up the mechanism. It will be much easier to see how everything works together.

Attachments

• HSTADJ-01a.jpg
    HSTADJ-01a.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 466
  • HSTADJ-02a.jpg
    HSTADJ-02a.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 451
   / How to setup the Forward/back/speed control G1900 HST
Hi LOL and Jinman,

Thanks to you both. Yes - shipping is usually the killer and I have not located a WSM less than $120 from a local dealer, an that's a photocopy!

I'll take a look at it in more detail soon; been very busy with other 'stuff'!

Thanks again and I'll report back, but please don't hold you breaths!

Rgds,

Bob