Help- no manual BX2660

/ Help- no manual BX2660 #1  

araz33

BX2660 came with the home I just bought. They didn't leave manual. Question: rear deck won't go down- mowed with it this morning no problem.

Tractor in 'n'- set throttle..-handle set on picture showing rear deck set up- push down on handle to lower deck no response. If I move handle against stop to raise it sounds like is against upper limit. Grass will be out of control in a few days any help appreciated.

/ Help- no manual BX2660 #2  
I am not sure what you mean by rear deck. Do you meann the 3 point hitch? There is a Knob under the seat that controls the rate at which the 3 point goes down or it can be shut off to keep it raised.

If you are talking about a mid mount mower there is a knob also under the seat area close to the floor board that has a bunch of number (cutting height) and top on it. This controls your cutting height and locks the deck up. Raise the 3 point hitch all the way up and then set it to the desired height if you have a mid mount mower.

/ Help- no manual BX2660 #4  
There is a knob on the floor which has numbers on it (1-4?), turn that from where it is now (probbaly "Top") to 1, then loosen the knob in the middle in front of/below the seat.

Aaron Z

/ Help- no manual BX2660 #5  
Now that you own a Kubota tractor you need to visit this Kubota tractor forum and you'll learn alot about your tractor. Kubota Owning/Operating

/ Help- no manual BX2660 #6  
BX2660 came with the home I just bought. They didn't leave manual. Question: rear deck won't go down- mowed with it this morning no problem.

Tractor in 'n'- set throttle..-handle set on picture showing rear deck set up- push down on handle to lower deck no response. If I move handle against stop to raise it sounds like is against upper limit. Grass will be out of control in a few days any help appreciated.

Hmmm your wording has me thinking - rear mower means 3 pt mower like bush hog or finishing mower? did you check the knob on the right side by feet? not the numbers one but the other? its flow control. its probably closed all the way. try turning it the other way and see if 3 pt drops.

Your manual should be under the seat on top of the gas tank in a black bag. lift seat up and you should see it there. (bag is same color as tank so look carefully)

When lifting the 3 pt or MMM, on 50 series the engine rpms has to be at 1600 rpms or higher. the 60 series like yours does not - but it should move at a creeping pace. If your 3pt lift is squealing in relief mode, then there is something binding. Double check your top link gold bracket on tractor and make sure its not installed wrong and binding up. check y our MMM linkage under tractor unless its in "top" position. If all else fails- take a pic of your mower mounted on tractor. We need to see what we are dealing with here.
question - does your tractor move around just fine? Not sure why you want your tractor in N and set throttle to move deck? I would always leave it in turtle or rabbit because if the tractor rolls from failed set parking brake, you need a way to stop the tractor by hitting the HST pedal the opposite direction tractor is rolling in.

/ Help- no manual BX2660 #7  
When lifting the 3 pt or MMM, on 50 series the engine rpms has to be at 1600 rpms or higher. the 60 series like yours does not - but it should move at a creeping pace.
On the contrary, we have to have 1500-1600 RPMs before the hydraulics work on our BX2660.

Aaron Z