GR 2100 leaking...again

/ GR 2100 leaking...again #1  

csr0831

Silver Member
Greetings.....

I have a 2005 GR2100. I am going to try very hard not to do any brand bashing here. It was less then two years old when the tranny started leaking at the axle shafts. Most eveyone probably knows by now about the tranny problems Kubota had on this model so I won't belabor the point. Anyway...long story very short, at approximatly 120 hours they installed the rebuild kit that was Kubota's "solution" to the leaking problem. That stoped the leaking...until now.. The unit has approximatly 220 hours on it now, so 100 hours later it has a "new" leak, It's not from the axles seals this time. Each rear wheel has an input shaft to operate the clutch for that wheel. The one for the left wheel is leaking....nothing else, just that. I do not think the transmission has to be opened up to fix it, but I do not know. Does anyone know whats involved with replacing this seal? The dealer is "working up an estimate" and as far as I am concerned they (and/or Kubota) should bare at least part of the expense for the repair. I know it's been a few years, but only 100 hours. This thing has had an anemic transmission from the start...I've learned to live with that, but I am over the the poor design and craftsmanship on this thing......the reason for the leak.

Locknut (or anyone else) I would enjoy hearing your take on it. Thanks guys....

Chris

/ GR 2100 leaking...again #2  
This is not brand bashing you have been abused by a crappy Kubota design, I am so happy that I got the last G2160-60 mower that my dealer had.

For Kubota to countinue to not actively track these miserable designs down and fix them will haunt them forever just as they did not do a preventive fix on my L3130 GST pump holder kit.

Some times you just have to say KUBOTA CUSTOMER SERVICES SUCKS

David Kb7uns

/ GR 2100 leaking...again #3  
Chris,I have no idea on the procedure of fixing that leak,but I hope you get it resolved without breaking the bank.:)

/ GR 2100 leaking...again
Thanks for your repiles gents....according to the dealer it's gonna be around 350.00 just to replace the seal (o-ring) and if they have to open it up because the shaft is damaged, it'll be 1250.00 up. I have really tried to like this thing, but I am losing that battle big time!.....

/ GR 2100 leaking...again #5  
Sounds like me-I have an 2007 model-2 months after I made final payment and 15hrs out of warranty(415)-axle shaft started puking.Selling dealer supposedly put "upgrade" kit in tranny-to the tune of $1200(but was knocked down to around $750). Now,100 hrs. later,the bolts on case that are underneath the axle(but not axle seals) are wet w/ oil on both sides. I bought this tractor thinking it was going to last-what a mistake. I could sell it,but would rather trade it. Totally disgusted w/ it. I love the diesel motor and all wheel drive.I'd get a used X740 in a heartbeat if I could swing it. Gotta do some research on the JD EZtrack 445 and a zero turn Cub w/ fabbed deck(more in my price range).

Dieselbob69.....

The GR was a great disappointment to me as well. They put the upgrade in mine when it had 124 hours on it a couple years after I bought it in 05. All was well until a few months ago when it started leaking again, this time around the input shaft for the right rear clutch. To make a long story short, I traded it in on a BX. They gave me a pretty good deal and on paper I got about 6400 for an 8 year old tractor with 230 hours on it that only cost 8K to begin with. They didn't even make me pay for the repairs on the GR. Love the new one. Good luck with yours...if I were you, I would unload it.

/ GR 2100 leaking...again #7  
Well,YIPPEE!!! This POS Kubota GR2100 is done right now-still moves,but right wheel binds like crazy when turning right,and sometimes in reverse. Actually made the tractor stop in its tracks going forward a couple of times. Totally disgusted. Pay $8k for a friggin machine you would hope to get more than 570 hours out of it before going out of commission. As much as I like the diesel,I don't know if I could trust another Kubota. Wish I had gotten rid of it earlier- now I don't know what I can do.

/ GR 2100 leaking...again #8  
Well,YIPPEE!!! This POS Kubota GR2100 is done right now-still moves,but right wheel binds like crazy when turning right,and sometimes in reverse. Actually made the tractor stop in its tracks going forward a couple of times. Totally disgusted. Pay $8k for a friggin machine you would hope to get more than 570 hours out of it before going out of commission. As much as I like the diesel,I don't know if I could trust another Kubota. Wish I had gotten rid of it earlier- now I don't know what I can do.

Sounds like a glidesteer cable on the right side is broken.About 40 bucks if you fix it yourself.

If locknut is right, it might behoove you to replace both sides. There is a redesign kit for them as well. They usually broke right at the front axle because the cable was being put in a bind during hard turns. After they modified mine I had no more troubles (with them). Good luck...I feel your pain.

/ GR 2100 leaking...again #10  
Sounds like a glidesteer cable on the right side is broken.About 40 bucks if you fix it yourself.
I looked-they are both intact. Messicks said they may need adjustment.I do have the workshop manual for the machine. I'll be dropping the deck and putting on stands(easier to adjust and work on)- I already replaced both cables earlier this year(my second set since new)-I need to find out what the upgrade is for these cables-they all have broke on the front axle.