Kubota ZG124E-48 Buying

/ Kubota ZG124E-48 Buying #31  
So I went to look at one of these today, and they are all sold out in our region.... hmmmm.

/ Kubota ZG124E-48 Buying
Dealer delivered my new 124Z zero turn mower yesterday WOW sure is nice but so far all I have done is drive it up and down the private road to get use to driving the mower. Good thing the cops were not following me or they would have stopped me to check for DUI! It will take a little time to get it to go where I want to go.

/ Kubota ZG124E-48 Buying #33  
Dealer delivered my new 124Z zero turn mower yesterday WOW sure is nice but so far all I have done is drive it up and down the private road to get use to driving the mower. Good thing the cops were not following me or they would have stopped me to check for DUI! It will take a little time to get it to go where I want to go.

Keep an eye on the hydro reservoir. Mine sprung a leak on the right hydrostat and started loosing fluid. It has now been at the dealer for two weeks, thank goodness it hasn't rained since then or my yard would be a jungle. GO ORANGE!

/ Kubota ZG124E-48 Buying #34  
I just bought a ZG124-E-48 today and it'll be delivered tomorrow. It's my first zero turn, so the learning curve will be fun. I'm stepping up from a JD LT155, so I'm hoping it lives up to expectations and is a wise choice.

Does anyone make a striper kit for it or should I fabricate something?

/ Kubota ZG124E-48 Buying #35  
If you have a flat yard you shouldn't have a problem. I have some sloped areas and if I need to turn up hill I can't just slow the up hill tire. I have to stop and reverse it then go again. I don't want to make it sound worse that it is, it's just a little inconvenient at times. I am glad I went with the Kubota. Its well made and a simple tough design.

I have the same problem with my Toro. I took out a double drive gate last week with the mower
it's a problem I think with all ztr's as they have very little traction.

/ Kubota ZG124E-48 Buying #36  
WOW, just WOW. A typical mow for me with my John Deere LT155 (38" deck) was around 60-70 minutes. Today, while taking my time to get used to the controls, it took me just over 30 minutes to mow. The best thing, I actually mowed twice just to get a good crosshatch pattern in the yard on some parts. In the past, with the JD, I would get a lot of clumping with the clippings, but the clippings with the Kubota were spread so evenly. I know, it's the difference between an inexpensive lawn tractor, and a zero turn that has 18,000 fpm blade speed, but I'm extremely happy.

/ Kubota ZG124E-48 Buying #37  
Had my ZG123S since April. It has been a good mower so far. My biggest complaint was the non-foldable ROPS. So, I made mine foldable. :D

Attachments

• Kubota 1.JPG
    Kubota 1.JPG
    616.4 KB · Views: 632
   / Kubota ZG124E-48 Buying #38  
Does anyone know where to buy the light kit for it or the mulching kit? I guess I can go through the dealers, but with the hours I work, it's tough to get to them while they are open.

Any feedback on the mulching kit?

/ Kubota ZG124E-48 Buying #39  
Does anyone know where to buy the light kit for it or the mulching kit? I guess I can go through the dealers, but with the hours I work, it's tough to get to them while they are open.

Any feedback on the mulching kit?

My dealer threw in a mulching kit when I bought mine. It works beautifully!

/ Kubota ZG124E-48 Buying #40  
Good to know... I might pick it up and test it out. As long as it doesn't leave clumps I'll be happy.