GR2020/2120 series mowers

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #1  

houstonscott

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc
Thinking of getting a mower. Looking at a new GR series. Posts on older models leaking and having other issues makes me think I should look at other brands, but I like Kubota. Are the new models trouble free now?

HS

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #2  
The new models have not displayed any of the issues of the original version with the leak issues.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #3  
I have a new ,last year, GR2020. No issues at all with it. It is an awesome machine. It will climb any hill that you want to take. It will even climb where you do not feel comfortable in going. I have the 48" mower. The cut is excellent. Very pleased with it. I also have a ZD326 zero turn. I can trim around the house a lot closer with the GR than the ZD. Both are Kubota so they are both great machines.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers
Got a price of $8400 for the GR2120, unit just got to dealer, I like that it has not been sitting for a long time. Is this a fair price? This was only unit within 500 miles of me.

HS.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #5  
I hope they have them fixed. $8400 is a good price. Looking to replace mine w/ a zero turn-probably either a John Deere EZtrack 445 or a Cub w/ fabbed deck. Love the diesel and awd,but not the tranny headaches-axle seal started leaking (actually ran out of seal) 2 years ago,15 hrs. out of warranty. Dealer supposedly put the "upgrade kit" in tranny-still cost me over $700 out of pocket.

They deliver tomorrow, as far as I can tell issues are solved. This is a very elegant design, complicated system (glide steer), not surprised it had some growing pains a start. Nothing else has all the beautiful aluminum casting in the front steering and of course a kubota small diesel. Not usually an argument you can make with kubota but compared to a diesel jd the kubota is cheaper.

HS

Well, machine is here, put 3.5hrs on it today. Cut about 2.5 acres. Loved the mower, smooth and quite. I expected the diesel to be noisy, but it's very tolerable. The thing turns very tightly, I have lots of oak trees so this was a needed feature that Kubota came through on. Should last a long time.

HS

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #8  
The only reason I do not run mine more is the bagging system collects clippings too well.The 10 bushel quantity is quickly reached. I have not taken the turbo system off to try side discharge with two other mowers to jump on.
It will not climb the same slopes as the ZD or F mowers but has no problem on a normal slope.
Descending slopes is no problem even on turf tires. I have to remember to punch the mow in reverse button every time I empty the bags of clippings.
Enjoy yours, mine runs well.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #9  
Got a price of $8400 for the GR2120, unit just got to dealer, I like that it has not been sitting for a long time. Is this a fair price? This was only unit within 500 miles of me.

HS.

Was the $8400 with tax? Was that with 54" mower?

I got quote for new in crate GR2120 with 48" mower no tax for $8503. List is $9260. I countered back at $8334. Still waiting.

Thanks, Philip.

Payed $8400 plus tax, delivered. Unit had just been assembled at dealer, 48" deck. Dealer said the only thing they have to assemble is the mower deck.

HS