Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #111  
Hmmmm I sharpen blades generally once a season on my ZD326. I can't see going 3 years.

i don't sharpen or change as long as they are cutting and not tearing the grass. I'm having to go over the foot to two foot high stuff twice to get a great cut soooo I'm taking action. They still cut regular size 6" to 8" grass OK but not the high stuff. I also don't grease every 10 hours.

/ Kubota F series #112  
Hmmmm I sharpen blades generally once a season on my ZD326. I can't see going 3 years.

That's basically what I do. At the start of the mowing season I give them a quick swipe with a grinder. They don't usually need anything more. Every 3 to 5 years I'll take them off and replace with a spare set and grind and balance them to be put on the shelf until needed.

/ Kubota F series #113  
I clean the deck and touch up the blades half way through the season, then again after the last cut of the year.

/ Kubota F series #114  
Wow..
I sharpen 2-3 times a season.

Grease every 10-12 hours that the deck is running.

Dull blades cause grass disease. They may seem to be cutting but they are not giving a clean cut at the microscopic level. My brother is a greenskeeper and hes given me the lowdown of just how important sharp blades are.

/ Kubota F series #115  
What do you guys think about a ZD326 vs a F? I'm debating between the 2. Can a F make a 180 degree turn and return on path next to cut like a Zero turn can? Or would you have to reverse?

/ Kubota F series #116  
What do you guys think about a ZD326 vs a F? I'm debating between the 2. Can a F make a 180 degree turn and return on path next to cut like a Zero turn can? Or would you have to reverse?

They'll turn tight, but not like a Z where it will turn on its own axis.

/ Kubota F series #117  
The F and zero turn are both mowers and that's the common feature. You can get 2 zero turns for the price of one F. The F can add attachments, not many different ones but can and zero turn is a mower and mower only. Servicing the F can be done easily for almost every part and zero turn is a chore like most mowers. The only feature the zero turn would excel in is the turn radius. The turn radius of the F is the width of it for a 180 turn (turn steering wheel complete turn and it would be like locking one wheel and it swings around a radius the size of the width of the tractor so one can mow a row, turn and come back on the row beside it but not straight back on what has already been mowed. The F will circle a fair sized tree based on the size of the deck, mine arte 6' decks.
The F 4wd and probably 2wd will go and return (important that you can return sometimes) where no zero turn can go.
The Fs use a steering wheel which most people can control and the zero uses 2, not one, but 2 levers to control it's direction and turns which requires some coordination.
The F has the deck out in front which makes it longer and where your cutting very visible which a person has to decide if that's good or bad. The F front deck can go under overhangs and the zero cuts under you so you go where the cut is.
F or zero??? Not in the same league but both are mowers, well one is a mower and the other can also mow better than any machine made and also do other jobs, limited, but some other jobs.
As with most, I'm sure it will come down to the money. Buy the one you can afford and be satisfied you bought what you could afford. Maybe not the best one but maybe that can come later.

/ Kubota F series #118  
The F and zero turn are both mowers and that's the common feature. You can get 2 zero turns for the price of one F. The F can add attachments, not many different ones but can and zero turn is a mower and mower only. Servicing the F can be done easily for almost every part and zero turn is a chore like most mowers. The only feature the zero turn would excel in is the turn radius. The turn radius of the F is the width of it for a 180 turn (turn steering wheel complete turn and it would be like locking one wheel and it swings around a radius the size of the width of the tractor so one can mow a row, turn and come back on the row beside it but not straight back on what has already been mowed. The F will circle a fair sized tree based on the size of the deck, mine arte 6' decks.
The F 4wd and probably 2wd will go and return (important that you can return sometimes) where no zero turn can go.
The Fs use a steering wheel which most people can control and the zero uses 2, not one, but 2 levers to control it's direction and turns which requires some coordination.
The F has the deck out in front which makes it longer and where your cutting very visible which a person has to decide if that's good or bad. The F front deck can go under overhangs and the zero cuts under you so you go where the cut is.
F or zero??? Not in the same league but both are mowers, well one is a mower and the other can also mow better than any machine made and also do other jobs, limited, but some other jobs.
As with most, I'm sure it will come down to the money. Buy the one you can afford and be satisfied you bought what you could afford. Maybe not the best one but maybe that can come later.

Thank you for the good info. I'm not so sure f units are the best mowers made. I think that depends on each application.

Thanks again. Appreciate the feedback

/ Kubota F series #119  
Thank you for the good info. I'm not so sure f units are the best mowers made. I think that depends on each application.

Thanks again. Appreciate the feedback

They are a very good mower for large areas, golf courses,estates , schools, ball fields, parks etc.etc.,however I think the z turn outclasses it for residential mowing, mostly due to its nimbleness.

You can do more with an f however. It's a year round machine.

/ Kubota F series #120  
They are a very good mower for large areas, golf courses,estates , schools, ball fields, parks etc.etc.,however I think the z turn outclasses it for residential mowing, mostly due to its nimbleness.

You can do more with an f however. It's a year round machine.

The one place this is not true is a yard with multiple 20 to 30 degree plus slopes like mine. I've had several with a zero turn try to mow mine while I was out of town and they all say the same, how do you mow this? My response is that I do it with my ear phones on and just go to it. The 4 wheel drive and torque of the diesel make it a breeze. I wouldn't even try it with another mower. It is so stable you forget you are on a hill side. I have a few that would make your butt pucker the first few times - once you have experienced it you have trouble controlling your speed. I would agree with your statement however - in most cases a zero turn would likely equal it - with the exception being hills and longevity. These things with 5-8000 hours are not unheard of. I'll bet not too many zero turns can claim that.