Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #271  
Hello Gents, and congratulations to you Longbeard for buying on of the best mowers on the market.
Regarding use of 4x4 locked in full time, I hardly never need 4x4 lock in the summer time, but it stays locked in full time for snow blowing season. The point that was made regarding accelerated wear or potential damage due to running in 4x4 lock mode, keep in mind that we're on grass 98% of the time, so we might damage the grass on hard turns while in locked 4x4 otherwise, these machines are built for it...
Would never recommend 4x4 lock-in at high speed on pavement, that's where wear & tear will take place.
Dan

/ Kubota F series #272  
Hi guys,

New owner of a use 3060. Its a 2002 and has 3400 hours. I bought it at an online auction. Its a little banged up but seems ok mechanically...i think. I've mowed 3 times with it. First two times were fine. Today after about an hour i noticed the engine seemed to have a faint rattle to it. It didn't sound like an injector or piston slap. I'm thinking it might need a valve adjustment. Has anyone needed to do this adjustment around 3000 hours? .

Mine has just over 3500 hours.

I looked at the F3060 manuals and could not find anywhere how often Kubota recommends valve clearance adjusting, but on a similar Kubota engine in my Grasshopper mower they recommend checking every 800 hours. The clearances should be set to between .0071 - .0087 inch cold.

/ Kubota F series #273  
I picked up a F at the end of summer. I have the RCK72P-F39 mower deck (72", side discharge). Can anyone tell me the Kubota p/n so I can shop online for an extra set of blades, or if anyone recommends something better? I'm assuming online will be cheaper than driving an hour to the local Kubota dealership.

Oh - and I suppose I'm looking for just a high lift blade.(?) Not trying to keep a golf course here, just want to throw out as much grass as possible.

Last edited:
   / Kubota F series #274  
I picked up a F at the end of summer. I have the RCK72P-F39 mower deck (72", side discharge). Can anyone tell me the Kubota p/n so I can shop online for an extra set of blades, or if anyone recommends something better? I'm assuming online will be cheaper than driving an hour to the local Kubota dealership.

Oh - and I suppose I'm looking for just a high lift blade.(?) Not trying to keep a golf course here, just want to throw out as much grass as possible.

If you google RCK72P-F39 you will find lot of information and links.

/ Kubota F series #275  
I guess I was more wondering if people are replacing blades with Kubota blades or with an aftermarket brand?

/ Kubota F series
I guess I was more wondering if people are replacing blades with Kubota blades or with an aftermarket brand?

I had a ZD326 prior to my F3680. I run that mower for 4 years, and never replaced the blades. To me Kubota has tough mower blades. I bought my F3680 , used, at first of the season, and haven't even looked at the blades. As long as the cut is good, I don't even touch them. Kubota blades for me.

/ Kubota F series #277  
Mine would be in mint shape, except for the local rail road company let a rail road spike fall off their passing truck, into my lawn, in which case my F deck picked it up, and threw that spike about 40 feet away. I'm going to pull the blades after my last cut of the season this week and have them sharpened and balanced. But if they tell me to replace them, I wanted to know whether to get Kubota or something else.

/ Kubota F series #279  
I would get the Kubota blades. The price is almost the same and the Kubota blades seem superior to me from an edge-holding, steel thickness and steel quality standpoint.
Kubota has many numbers for the same part so unless you can measure an old one, be careful. A dealer will give you the right part but to mail order the wrong part would be costly. I keep trying to buy aftermarket blades but I always go back to Kubota.

/ Kubota F series #280  
Can you get Oregon Fusions for it? Best blades Ive tried on my Kubota BX. Getting a set for the ZD probably for this summer