Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kubota F series

Had an F series years ago, bar tires made all the difference, turfs sucked.
    Several garden tractor pullers
    Kubota B2630
    Kubota ZD28
    Ford 655D backhoe
    Bobcat T190, various attachments
    Numerous Farmalls

Tractor
    Kubota 3080Mower; JD 5325, Kubota KX91 mini-excavator

Thanks, Xfaxman. I think I will make a purchase this weekend. I've been looking for quite awhile and the F3080 looks like my choice.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040, F3680, JD Gator 855D

Quote Originally Posted by pharmer phred View Post
    Thanks, Xfaxman. I think I will make a purchase this weekend. I've been looking for quite awhile and the F3080 looks like my choice.
    Given my research, I've decided it's mine too. Wish I could join you, but I've got to put it off this season, but hope to have it in place this time next year.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    B3300SU TLB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigkrank View Post
    Had an F series years ago, bar tires made all the difference, turfs sucked.
    I'd not want to have bars on mine. We are using this as a mower, the turfs will tear up the yard pretty good if you make a very tight turn, particularly if you use the steering brakes. I'd start with the turfs and change if you find them totally unacceptable - I don think you will.
    B3300SU TLB, Kubota F2260, 60" Tiller, BoxBlade, Landscape Rake, etc.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Quote Originally Posted by pharmer phred View Post
    Looks like a good one. I also recommend the rear discharge deck.

If you don't like the way it mows, you can put a loader on it!
    -p6270002-jpg -p7240003-jpg -p8171929-jpg -p8171930-jpg

Link to build thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/c...-together.html

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

I've used the Deere equivalent to the F series as well as various commercial zero turns (mostly eXmark and Huskvarna).
    The front mount Deere was nose heavy (might have needed some extra weight in the back as if you were going fast and stomped on the brakes, the back tires would come off the ground), but otherwise it would go most anywhere as long as you stayed out of the mud (if you got it stuck, you had to bring in a truck, another ZTR didn't have the weight to pull it out).
    The Deere worked well to pull out stuck zero turns though and it was more comfortable in bumpy ground.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    currently own F3080 ZD326 BX25D Z122r RTV1140

The front deck on the Kubotas are really heavy. The kubota has a big weight on the back of it to equal out the weight front and back. Yesterday I mowed a steep section in front of my house. Grass dry but ground under it was wet. The back end wanted to slide down and not the front mowing cross the hill. I probably shouldn't have mowed under the wet conditions since I tore up some grass but I did and still slept OK last night. I have a yeard not a lawn. The Kubota F or none of the 3 I've owned have any turning brakes. You let off the throttle and it stops. There is a brake for when you park it. Turn the steering wheel to make it turn in different directions. The F3080 has 30HP diesel so it's a powerful machine.
    2014 BX25D, 2015 ZD326rp 60" rear Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck ,2015 Z122r, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, .. and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 15 Subaru Outback. 2012 MINI Cooper S Roadster

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    B3300SU TLB

JOHNTHOMAS, that's interesting about the newer models not having turning brakes. My F2260 definitely has them, mounted just to the left of the steering column, it also has a differential lock that will assist when things are wet and steep.
    B3300SU TLB, Kubota F2260, 60" Tiller, BoxBlade, Landscape Rake, etc.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040, F3680, JD Gator 855D

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNTHOMAS View Post
    The front deck on the Kubotas are really heavy. The kubota has a big weight on the back of it to equal out the weight front and back. Yesterday I mowed a steep section in front of my house. Grass dry but ground under it was wet. The back end wanted to slide down and not the front mowing cross the hill. I probably shouldn't have mowed under the wet conditions since I tore up some grass but I did and still slept OK last night. I have a yeard not a lawn. The Kubota F or none of the 3 I've owned have any turning brakes. You let off the throttle and it stops. There is a brake for when you park it. Turn the steering wheel to make it turn in different directions. The F3080 has 30HP diesel so it's a powerful machine.
    What do you think of the comments made about turf tires on the F series? Would HDAP tires improve traction?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by jcummins View Post
    What do you think of the comments made about turf tires on the F series? Would HDAP tires improve traction?
    Yes they will (by nature of the tread design). Finding the right size tire (ie matching the dimensions of the tire) might be difficult though. the HDAP tires are very similar to the Carlisle All Trail.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast