Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #81  
The meter readings really help as a slope never looks as steep in a picture as it really is.

True and there is also the........The higher your butt is off of the ground the steeper it feels". Why I got rid of the Grand L3240HST+ in quick time. Great tractor but it exercised my spincter muscle to much for a more mature man.:D :laughing: :eek:
I am surprised that the reading isn't higher. I'd of guessed closer to 35 or 40 just by feel on the machines. And 88 on the L.:laughing:

/ Kubota F series #82  
True and there is also the........The higher your butt is off of the ground the steeper it feels". Why I got rid of the Grand L3240HST+ in quick time. Great tractor but it exercised my spincter muscle to much for a more mature man.:D :laughing: :eek:
I am surprised that the reading isn't higher. I'd of guessed closer to 35 or 40 just by feel on the machines. And 88 on the L.:laughing:

Seat height sure makes a difference in how it feels, it took me quite a while to get use to operating on slopes after we got our hill farms. I grew up farming in the flat lands. Our first hill tractor was a fairly low Massey Ferguson 375 and I got use to it then we got the cabbed Case CX80 and :eek:

I can't say as I am ever "comfortable mowing cross slope on steep terrain even though I have done the same slopes since 1986. My sons grew up doing it and running slopes is no different than flat land.

/ Kubota F series
I feel like a wimp on slopes. My pucker factor comes into play on a small slant. I need to toughen up somehow.

/ Kubota F series #84  
Seat height sure makes a difference in how it feels, it took me quite a while to get use to operating on slopes after we got our hill farms. I grew up farming in the flat lands. Our first hill tractor was a fairly low Massey Ferguson 375 and I got use to it then we got the cabbed Case CX80 and :eek:

I can't say as I am ever "comfortable mowing cross slope on steep terrain even though I have done the same slopes since 1986. My sons grew up doing it and running slopes is no different than flat land.

I feel like a wimp on slopes. My pucker factor comes into play on a small slant. I need to toughen up somehow.

I know the pucker factor feeling :eek:, this was the first time that I mowed the back of the dam. I need to find my angle finder and see what it is.

P4010046.JPG P4010048.JPG P4010050.JPG P4010055.JPG

/ Kubota F series
That dam looks like 30+ degrees...maybe 35.

How you like the Toolcat?

/ Kubota F series #86  
I know the pucker factor feeling :eek:, this was the first time that I mowed the back of the dam. I need to find my angle finder and see what it is.

View attachment 319308 View attachment 319309 View attachment 319310 View attachment 319311

I will be curious to see the angle also, we have one dam about that steep and I just can't bring myself to mow across it, I go up and down. Sometimes our renter mows it across sope, but he uses a John Deere 7000 with dual rear wheels.

I really need to buy an inclinometer.

/ Kubota F series #87  
I sure like the looks of that tool cat. :)

HS

/ Kubota F series #88  
That dam looks like 30+ degrees...maybe 35.

How you like the Toolcat?
Love it, that is a 7' brush hog on it.

More here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/toolcat/275578-5610-cutting-brush.html , http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/toolcat/273429-toolcat-v417.html

I will be curious to see the angle also, we have one dam about that steep and I just can't bring myself to mow across it, I go up and down. Sometimes our renter mows it across sope, but he uses a John Deere 7000 with dual rear wheels.

I really need to buy an inclinometer.

The plans it was built from called for a 2/1 slope.

I sure like the looks of that tool cat. :)

HS

Thanks, sure is nice being in the cab when the dust is flying! :D

/ Kubota F series #90  
Getting back to the Kubota F series style machine, I took the TORO 325D 4WD out to the back side of the dam. The same place the Toolcat was.

Not much pucker factor at all, just set up on the edge of the seat and hang on with one hand, steer with the other! :laughing:

P5250002.JPG P5250004.JPG P5250008.JPG

Notice how the rear end tends to slide down hill in heavy brush.

P5250011.JPG

Does not slide as much with grass.

P5250012.JPG P5250014.JPG P5250018.JPG