New Kubota G5200 HST owner

/ New Kubota G5200 HST owner #1  

fishfarm

Tractor
Kubota G5200
Good morning to all, especially other G5200 owners. I'm going to need your help. I have no manuals for the unit. It has 1376 hours showing on the meter. Engine runs/sounds excellent; drives forward and backward just fine, and seems in generally good condition. Everything works but the horn.

I'm not completely unfamiliar with diesels, having owned a couple of diesel cars, tractor and generator. I did my first pass on maintenance with oil and filter changes on the engine and transmission (transmission filter had a date of 3/01 written on it :eek:. I also adjusted the deck rollers more to my liking. Today I'll get out the grease gun and find as many zerks as I can find. Are any especially hard to find?

The biggest problem I noted was the transmission cooling blades are almost completely gone; just a couple of stubs left. But, the transmission only felt warm to the touch after a half-hour of test mowing. I've seen a few other threads on the subject and have found some purchase options for the fan.

Looking forward to a fun time with this cute little thing and good times on the forum. Thanks for providing this resource.

kubota 001.JPGkubota 003.JPG

/ New Kubota G5200 HST owner #2  
First things first. Welcome to TractorByNet. Next. It is very important you aquire a service and operations manuals for your tractor. Although TBN can be an excellent resource, reading and seeing illustrations are extremely valuable. The cooling fan is there for a purpose it keeps hydraulic fluids cool. From the looks of your pictures someone restored your tractor back to it's glory only to leave a few areas to finish. Nice find. Good luck tweeking the finishing touches -kid

/ New Kubota G5200 HST owner #4  
Welcome aboard, fishfarm!
Fellow G5200 owner here.
To make sure you have serviced all the grease fittings, I'd recommend you separate the mower deck from the tractor. Once off, you can see and access them much more easily. I believe there were one or two that lurked beneath the shielding for the belt, but I may be wrong about that. Messick's has part diagrams that can be very helpful finding your way around a new machine:

Kubota Parts | Full Service online retailer

/ New Kubota G5200 HST owner
Thanks everyone. I had found Messick's website when I looking around for parts and consumables, but didn't see the parts diagrams. I did find that Kubota offers (I presume the same) diagrams here:

Kubota Tractor Corporation - Parts List

I think I saw Messick's offer a Owner's Manual. I should pick one of those up for sure.

I just finished greasing, (before I saw your post of course), and did remove the belt shield but not the whole deck. Just lowered it down as far as possible and got under it with a flashlight. Found a sneaky one in the battery compartment, part of the PTO linkage. I think I got most if not all.

The air filter was pretty dirty, blew it out as best I could and will order a couple new ones ASAP. Seems to be an easy machine to work on.

/ New Kubota G5200 HST owner #6  
Welcome to TBN From Virginia!
Happy :tractor: Tractoring!

Be Well,
David

/ New Kubota G5200 HST owner #7  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Kubota Lawn & Garden forum. :)

/ New Kubota G5200 HST owner #8  
Nice tractor. I have a G6200. It has been great. There are two fuel filters. One is easy to see. One is kind of hidden near the fuel tank. Also, be sure to blow off the engine and especially the radiator every other mow. Mine ran a little hot, then after blowing off the dust and grass, it ran cool. These are tough, commercial grade machines. Mine just sips diesel. I think you will be very happy with yours.

/ New Kubota G5200 HST owner #9  
Thanks everyone. I had found Messick's website when I looking around for parts and consumables, but didn't see the parts diagrams. I did find that Kubota offers (I presume the same) diagrams here:

Kubota Tractor Corporation - Parts List

I think I saw Messick's offer a Owner's Manual. I should pick one of those up for sure.

I just finished greasing, (before I saw your post of course), and did remove the belt shield but not the whole deck. Just lowered it down as far as possible and got under it with a flashlight. Found a sneaky one in the battery compartment, part of the PTO linkage. I think I got most if not all.

The air filter was pretty dirty, blew it out as best I could and will order a couple new ones ASAP. Seems to be an easy machine to work on.

When you go to the part diagram ap, enter mower deck in the first box (series) and you can get the part diagram for your deck after entering which tractor & deck size.

The only difficult maintenance items I have found is the fan belt, which requires removal of the prop shaft to remove/replace. Oh, and getting the old, beat up radiator fan out & replaced was an exercise in knuckle scraping. The deck is a bit of a PITA to put back on. Otherwise, the machine has been a real pleasure, both to service and to use. Get a spinner for the steering wheel if you have a lot of obstacles and you can go like crazy.

/ New Kubota G5200 HST owner
When you go to the part diagram ap, enter mower deck in the first box (series) and you can get the part diagram for your deck after entering which tractor & deck size.

The only difficult maintenance items I have found is the fan belt, which requires removal of the prop shaft to remove/replace. Oh, and getting the old, beat up radiator fan out & replaced was an exercise in knuckle scraping. The deck is a bit of a PITA to put back on. Otherwise, the machine has been a real pleasure, both to service and to use. Get a spinner for the steering wheel if you have a lot of obstacles and you can go like crazy.

Thanks. I was looking at the fan belt, because it's stretched to the limit on the adjuster and will need replacing soon.