Kubota g5200 Bleed Fuel

/ Kubota g5200 Bleed Fuel #1  

Cheek

Tractor
Kubota G5200
I have a Kubota G5200 with the d600 engine. Replace some orings in the fuel pump to solve a bad diesel fuel leak. I did resolve the leak but now I can't get it running normally. I have never had to bleed the fuel system on a diesel before and it shows. Lots of black smoke come out when running, I assume too much fuel is getting in. Does anyone here know how to properly bleed the fuel system on this G5200? Prior to the leak yesterday it ran perfectly. I know this tractor pretty well but never had any fuel problems. Please help before my grass gets out of control.:)

/ Kubota g5200 Bleed Fuel #2  
Welcome aboard! Good to have another G5200 owner here.
I have only bled it once - the day we bought it from the seller. He ran it out of fuel about 30 seconds after he started it. There's a bolt at the top of the front fuel filter that we loosened until it stopped bubbling and just fuel came out. After that no more fuel problems. The only time I have seen black smoke is from the first few revs on start up. Good luck and keep us updated with your progress.

Last edited:
   / Kubota g5200 Bleed Fuel
During the bleeding process, I noticed the first injector would spray the fuel out way more than the others. I then turned(adjusted) the first delivery valve on the injection pump counter-clockwise a little until the black smoke went away. Plus, no more excessive pressure up top. It initially appeared to be running normally while at full throttle sitting still. When you attempt to engage the mower deck it causes the engine to load down pretty far causing a little black smoke plus you can't go normal speeds while the deck is engaged without getting black smoke and bogging the engine down. This all happens when you are on cement without cutting grass. I did ensure there was nothing wrapped around a blade. It spins freely with my hand. I guess the question now is. How do I adjust the injection pump successfully?