GR, Z or F Series Mower

/ GR, Z or F Series Mower #11  
The GR will climb slopes close to what the other two will do but not side hill near as well (running down the the ditch line in your pictures).
The GR and F series will go down steeper slopes under control better than the Z.
The GR and Z has a much easier system of changing cutting height (hydro lift & turn a knob) than the F series which requires adjustments at 4 points.Cutting width is up to your requirements and obstacles. The 72 inch decks can scalp on rough ground.
Since John Thomas did not get the 100 inch flex deck with his latest F I have no knowledge of the cut.
The F series can be ordered with a fully enclosed cab with a heater for snow blowing duties.
Glad to help you spend your money on toys/tools.
For your size mowing area I would go with the 60 inch RD deck.
John is correct with watching the temperature gauge and keeping radiator area clean.

The GR and F series are easier to keep in a straight line when mowing ditch lines.

Not sure what this means about cutting height with the F. Touch the lever and it lifts or drops to where you want it. The front wheels on the deck can be set by removing a ring, pulling a pin, setting front wheels to the depth you want, replace the pin and reattach the ring or as I said raise and lower the lever with a touch of the hand. Can't believe anything can be easier.

/ GR, Z or F Series Mower
Went to the dealer today and tried to check the Z and F out. Was raining dogs and cats and wasn't much fun. Wife was only interested in going inside out of the rain. I got drenched sitting on them and making wroooom wroooom noises. Only F he had was attached to a 100 inch deck and of no interest to me. Only Z he had all setup, was sold and couldn't play with it either.
Went inside and started talking money. He's giving me about 19k for my L3240 with 105 hours on it. He knows it's in excellent shape. Always garaged and maintained according to the manual.
F with wide tire kit/ 60 RD deck/ Blade with hyd. angle kit/ radiator guard :23,627 $ Canadian before tax
Z is 12,640 $ before tax
He'll drop off both the Z and a F to try out for a week. Probably both brand new. One will stay. The F will have to really impress me if it wants to stay here at double the Z's price.

/ GR, Z or F Series Mower #13  
Which of the three would be best for comfort and stability for hilly areas? I know that a F would be overkill for my 2 acres, but i don't care about that.

Went to the dealer today and tried to check the Z and F out. Was raining dogs and cats and wasn't much fun. Wife was only interested in going inside out of the rain. I got drenched sitting on them and making wroooom wroooom noises. Only F he had was attached to a 100 inch deck and of no interest to me. Only Z he had all setup, was sold and couldn't play with it either.
Went inside and started talking money. He's giving me about 19k for my L3240 with 105 hours on it. He knows it's in excellent shape. Always garaged and maintained according to the manual.
F with wide tire kit/ 60 RD deck/ Blade with hyd. angle kit/ radiator guard :23,627 $ Canadian before tax
Z is 12,640 $ before tax
He'll drop off both the Z and a F to try out for a week. Probably both brand new. One will stay. The F will have to really impress me if it wants to stay here at double the Z's price.

I'm guessing you'll keep the Z. It will not be as stable as the F nor do I think it will be as comfortable as the F after you do the seat adjustments but not sure, I've never owned a Z. Your land doesn't appear to be hilly and the Z will probably mow your areas OK.
If I could run and dribble a basketball, both at the same time, I might would have tried a Z with 2 levers for steering vs a steering wheel which I've been using for over 50 years.:laughing:
Appears to be a great dealer that will let you have hands on for a week with each machine on your property instead of his lot.:thumbsup:

/ GR, Z or F Series Mower #14  
John, there also two pins to adjust on the lift arms besides the front ones on the F to keep the deck at the correct level.The other mowers can be done while seated at the controls.
I have mowed areas with the deck up on the first pass lowering later. Have the deck set for 3.75 inches and have not changed for years.

/ GR, Z or F Series Mower #15  
John, there also two pins to adjust on the lift arms besides the front ones on the F to keep the deck at the correct level.The other mowers can be done while seated at the controls.
I have mowed areas with the deck up on the first pass lowering later. Have the deck set for 3.75 inches and have not changed for years.
I'm going to have to look for those 2 additional pins. Maybe that's why my new deck cuts closer (my low growing limestone) than my other deck that I was using here at home that is now at the rental property and I have the front wheels set at the same position. I've been bumping the lift up to the front wheels on the ground and the rear wheels not touching to try and achieve the same cut which I was not doing on my other (rear discharge deck on 3 year old F3080) one.

/ GR, Z or F Series Mower #16  
John, see other post on F series,( attachment pins you release to flip deck) would have to look in manual to see which holes to use.
In 2006 my F3680 with 72 inch RD deck ran around $18,000
In 2010 my ZD331 with 40 inch SD deck was around $12,000
Had I known then what I know now I would have spent the extra for another F with a 60 inch RD deck. Some places the 72 inch is just a little too wide.
On the ground I mow the Z is not faster than the F and rides rougher.

/ GR, Z or F Series Mower
Got to test drive a ZD326 today. Worked ok on the flat, but when riding along a slope, i was all over the place. Never had the feeling of it being unstable, but man......what a riot....Bit of a learning curve on a zero turn mower.....looking forward to a F series. Got to be better with a steering wheel and 4 wheels that i have control over.

/ GR, Z or F Series Mower #18  
Got to test drive a ZD326 today. Worked ok on the flat, but when riding along a slope, i was all over the place. Never had the feeling of it being unstable, but man......what a riot....Bit of a learning curve on a zero turn mower.....looking forward to a F series. Got to be better with a steering wheel and 4 wheels that i have control over.

I bought some acreage about 10 years ago. It was/is on a hillside a couple of miles east of Somerset, Ky. The Subdivision was cut with streets over 30 years ago and no one had built a house until I started building mine and 3 other people that I didn't know started building at the same time. Two of us on the upper part of the hill and 2 on lower side.
First thing I did was buy a BX2200 FEL MMM to be my lifetime mower with an expensive wheelbarrow on the front. Why not, it was going to be my first and last tractor/mower purchase. I smiled when I signed my 15 Kubota financing contract a few months ago on my new F3080.:D
Any way, my neighbor on the up hill beside me bought a Cub Cadet smallish tractor? type machine. Didn't last long and he then got a zero turn. It to didn't last very long and he finally bought a Kubota BX1800 which he later traded to a BX2350 FEL MMM which he still has but he is lusting alot about trading it for an F.
He almost turned his Z over backwards going up the steep hill behind his house and it would slip side ways on the hill in front of his house and mostly he'd see me mowing away with no issues with my BX. My nephew retired from the Marines, bought a couple of acres going down the hill and when he got ready to buy I let him mow once with my BX2660 and he then went and bought a BX2360 MMM FEL which he still has and he has really used it. He's wore out 2 sets of tires and a few dents.
I don't have a problem with buying the wrong Kubota and then trading the wrong one back to Barlows (L3240 and BX2350 are 2 easily remembered mistakes) and then believing I'm getting the right one which in time can become the wrong one to keep but was right for the jobs at hand at the time. Some people hate doing this so they really need to pick the right one first and maybe not let the money be the biggest deciding factor IF they can afford the right one the first time. If money is to tight then any purchase can become the wrong one but for ??dollars difference per month to get the right one vs the wrong one can leave a very sour taste for a long time or it sometimes does for me. Just sayin.
Again, I've never tried a Zero turn mower but I have owned 3 different Fs anf for mowing and easy service and endurance and hours sitting on a mower which I don't love, well the F seems for me the most economical deal because I would probably never be satisfied with levers over a steering wheel and I'd never stop planning and plotting on how I could get an F.
Kubota rates the F as being faster top speed than their Z but neither one could do full speed on any land that I own and I doubt on any land other than a paved parking lot so top speed to me is irrelevant even though the F is faster.
Ponder, pray and check prices all around is what I do.:laughing:

/ GR, Z or F Series Mower #19  
Just remember the rear wheels do the steering, the tail swings out instead of following like a tractor. Watch it in close quarters. The 4WD can be locked in but watch it on tight turns. I normally leave it 2WD which should lock up when needed.