G1800 PTO

/ G1800 PTO #1  

roofgoat

Tractor
Kubota G1800
Good Afternoon. Have an older G1800 that has been working fine and now when I throw the PTO on nothing happens. Does not engage. PTO Belt is fine. Any ideas? Buddy says it might be a clutch of some sort. Would a clutch cause this and are parts expensive/hard to find?

EDIT: Now the PTO will engage but I can't get it to disengage. Cut some yard for awhile, tried to turn it on/off, stays on.

Thanks

Last edited:
   / G1800 PTO #2  
I just replaced the pto brake on my g1800. It is located on the front of the engine on the left lower side as you face the engine from the front. Probably cant see it without removing hood battery and both pto belts. It is a plate of sorts that rotates to engage or disengage little brake pad. I would advise downloading some images of exploded view and carefully studying the setup before attempting fix. must be installed and adjusted to exact specs. There are two or three springs that are involved.

/ G1800 PTO #3  
Good Afternoon. Have an older G1800 that has been working fine and now when I throw the PTO on nothing happens. Does not engage. PTO Belt is fine. Any ideas? Buddy says it might be a clutch of some sort. Would a clutch cause this and are parts expensive/hard to find?

EDIT: Now the PTO will engage but I can't get it to disengage. Cut some yard for awhile, tried to turn it on/off, stays on.

Thanks

You probably have the problem solved but for what its worth that happened to my G1800-S too. I found the hand lever had broken and had to weld it back together and everything was good to go...