GR2120 Yea or Nay

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay
Congratulations. Hope you have better luck with this purchase. Your experience at the JD dealers is exactly why I did not purchase one. Nothing against the product, just bad service from the dealer.

Around here if your not in the "click" (buying a new $150k + tractor every year) then they don't get up from their desk to greet you at the door.
Thanks.
Seems that apply's to dealers around here too. Just because i buy a cheap (12,000) mower instead of a 200k piece of equipment, they somehow let me know, I'm spending peanuts. Anyway.....hope it don't eventually bite JD in the butt. I bought a B1700 and a L3240 from Kubota in the past, as well as the mower just yesterday. Thats about 62K $ in total, JD hasn't got from me alone.Never mind others that also felt out of place in JD dealerships. Visited a JD dealer before every purchase. Not that i didn't try. This mower fiasco will keep me away for good, as long as Kubota treats me right and i get great service.

Last edited:
   / GR2120 Yea or Nay #12  
Pete, I'm sure you will enjoy your new mower. Post pics when you get the chance.

I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one that gets ticked off at JD. I have 3 pieces of Kubota equipment at the house and another 3 at the farm, all bought because of 3 bad JD buying experiences.

Someday they are going to learn but I don't think that it's likely to be anytime soon. The attitude seems to be ingrained.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay
My new mower is Still not in, but my dealer dropped off a GR 2010 loaner with 230 hr's on it.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #14  
I ordered a GR2120 last Friday (May 31). Dealer had to order, wanted new in crate with 48" deck. Said I would have it by this Friday (June 7). Ordered snowblower too, but don't need it now, as long as I see it by November, that is fine with me. Can hardly wait, planning to take day off. Philip.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #15  
Seems like the popularity is gaining. Seems to fill that niche where you want a long lasting machine to mow more than just a big lot property (big box store stuff) but are not looking for a garden tractor with pto implements. Briggs and Koehler just are not going to due the job for long, small diesel is the right choice. JD seems to have that due everything small diesel in the 758, but the price is over the top if you don't plan to use all that rear pto capability.

HS

Last edited:
   / GR2120 Yea or Nay #16  
Congratulations. Hope you have better luck with this purchase. Your experience at the JD dealers is exactly why I did not purchase one. Nothing against the product, just bad service from the dealer.

Around here if your not in the "click" (buying a new $150k + tractor every year) then they don't get up from their desk to greet you at the door.

The second time they ticked me off, the salesman was kicked back at his desk talking fishing on the phone with a buddy. After waiting 15 minutes, he finally hung up, came out of his office and walked right past me to talk to another customer. I turned around and left. There's a whole other story attached to this but I don't want to hijack the thread.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #17  
For the record gents.......Kubota did not have a problem so much with quality control as they did poor design. It wasen't just the glide steer, but the transmission as well. I had a 2005 GR 2100. I had the transmission upgrade put in it when it started leaking oil at 125 hours and the redesigned glide steer cables when it had about 150 hours after the right one broke. I was very disappointed in this mower and got rid of it at 225 hours. Never did cut very well either. All that said, it is my understanding that the problems have been resolved with later models. Good luck!

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay
Took a bike ride to the dealer, to poke around the yard and see if my mower came in yet. Didnt see it.....but i ordered armrests for it for 60 bucks, canadian. I'm used to having them and will help me stay put after a few beers.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay
Seems like the popularity is gaining. Seems to fill that niche where you want a long lasting machine to mow more than just a big lot property (big box store stuff) but are not looking for a garden tractor with pto implements. Briggs and Koehler just are not going to due the job for long, small diesel is the right choice. JD seems to have that due everything small diesel in the 758, but the price is over the top if you don't plan to use all those rear pro capability.

HS
When i was looking at JD mowers, i had interest in the 758. Right up to the point when i heard that diesel run. I found it quite loud, just idling. Then the price, as you say was nuts and forgot anything 7 series rather fast. The diesel in the GR2120 sounds good and not nearly as loud. I'm gonna love it.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #20  
Hmmm, I guess my local JD dealer is the exception. They always have time for me even if I'm only "kicking tires" and until last year only owned an old JD 345 lawn tractor. My JD 345 has been virtually problem free and what little service it has needed, they have done an excellent job and based on that, I purchased a JD 655 Z-turn from them last year. I had a couple of small problems with the JD 655 and the dealer was quick to send a tech and a service truck to my place and make the repair at no charge. I'm considering replacing my JD 345 with a JD X750 with an auto-connect 54" mower. Both my local Kubota and JD dealers have treated me very well. I have no complaints...

Bill