GR2120 Yea or Nay

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #31  
so I'm using toe/toe instead of heel/toe and it works fine.

I do have a question for GR2120 owners; When you turn the key part way, do ALL the warning lights go on to indicate they are working? On mine, the "overheat" warning light doesn't show and I'm concerned it might not be working.

is about 4 or 5 inches higher

an acre and a half the grass was 2 - 3 feet high in spots. The plan is that if this tractor works well for all my cutting, I'll be selling the RFM off of the larger tractor and use that one only for dirt and snow.

I was a bit taken aback by the manual requiring a five minute warm-up of the engine before using the tractor. I thought that was something that had pretty much been eliminated by the newer hydro drives. I also got a kick out of the manual stating the following: If you drink antifreeze, vomit immediately ;-)

I use the toe/toe as well, just what I am used to.

When I turn key to 1st 'run' position, only by battery and oil pressure lights come on. The high temp and glow plug do not illuminate.

I too was suprised how much higher the GR is to step up on compared to my old Deere LX188.

An acre and a half of 2-3 foot grass seems a little much to me for a GR unit. I would stick with bush hog and tractor if it was me.

In warm weather, say 65F+, I do not warm up that long, only a couple minutes.

Philip

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay
The toe/heel position is un-natural for me. Them japs must have funny ankles/feet.... Toe/toe for me too.
I give the glow plug 5 seconds to heat up before i start it up, then let it run a couple of minutes before i put it to work.
Finished my hitch.

Towed my 12X6 up to my driveway. Had some doubts at first, but was no problem at all.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay
When I turn key to 1st 'run' position, only by battery and oil pressure lights come on. The high temp and glow plug do not illuminate.

Philip
Same here

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #34  
Same here.

HS

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay
How is your 2120 on fuel? Mine apparently don't like it. Was full when delivered. Have 3.5 hr's on it and the gauge barley moved. Took the cap off to look for myself, and there's not much missing, maybe 3 inches down from the filler neck....Thats a big PLUS!!!!

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #36  
I have 3.2 hours on mine, and it has not moved much at all yet either. But, the engine load has been light (grass not tall), so the engine has not worked that hard and needed full fuel yet. Guess we will find out how accurate the gauge is and how quick it moves once off full mark and top off. Philip.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #37  
I do have a question for GR2120 owners; When you turn the key part way, do ALL the warning lights go on to indicate they are working? On mine, the "overheat" warning light doesn't show and I'm concerned it might not be working.

I had a GR 2100 and my light was like that too...didn't much care for it and persued the issue. Was told by teh Kubota rep that it's designed like that. The circut to light the bulb does not close unless the thermostate is in an over heat state. Pretty poor design in my opinion...my concern was the same as yours...how do I know if the bulb is working????? Good luck.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #38  
how do I know if the bulb is working

Not arguing if Kubota is doing right thing or not, they probably have their reasons (extra parts and cost).

To check. Turn key to 'on' position. At temp sensor, take one end of wire to terminal, and other end ground to block. If bulb is okay, it will illuminate. Philip.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #39  
I have had my GR2120 for 9 months and have close to 60 hours on it. I have found that I use about 30% less fuel to do the same amount of mowing when compared to my old Toro WH 520. What you will really like about the diesel is the torque. I have the 54" deck with the mulch kit and it does not bog down unless I get in the really tall stuff over 8-10". The power steering makes mowing a breeze and glide steer provides unbelievable maneuvering around trees. My only minor complaint is that I wish the cruise control had some way to fine tune the speed. It has 4 detent teeth and they are spaced a bit too wide so one detent is too slow and the next one is too fast.

I also have the GR2728 snowblower, which works great, except I was really going thru shear pins on the fan (second stage). I was lucky to 1 hour of run time on a shear pin. My dealer checked it out at the end of the season and replaced the fan with a factory upgrade. The new fan has a slightly different shear pin collar. Hopefully that will solve that issue.
Other than that this is a great machine.

Enjoy your new machines.

PS - maintenance tip - they really hid a couple of zerk fittings on the rear axle. You can not find them without putting a mirror under the axle or blindly feeling for them from underneath the axle. Also, the zerks are all very tight (requires a lot of pressure to get the grease to flow) so spend $5 to get a Lincoln adjustable tip for your grease gun that you can lock on the fitting while greasing.

Andre

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay
My only minor complaint is that I wish the cruise control had some way to fine tune the speed. It has 4 detent teeth and they are spaced a bit too wide so one detent is too slow and the next one is too fast.

I also have the GR2728 snowblower, which works great, except I was really going thru shear pins on the fan (second stage). I was lucky to 1 hour of run time on a shear pin. My dealer checked it out at the end of the season and replaced the fan with a factory upgrade. The new fan has a slightly different shear pin collar. Hopefully that will solve that issue.
Other than that this is a great machine.

Andre
I have the same blower. Hope i have the upgraded fan, or they'll have to do the same on mine. Good to know and thanks for the info