GR2120 Yea or Nay

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #1  

Pete6114

Gold Member
Tractor
F2690(Sold) GR2120(Sold) L3240(sold) B1700(sold)
Started looking at the F and Z mowers and came to the conclusion that both would be over-kill and are out of the lineup.I always like to overbuy, but this wont happen.....

Cant find a dealer near me that has one setup, to try out. Standard features beats Deer mowers i looked at, at the same price range.
I really want to buy American made, but man......
I had a B1700 and a L3240. Both been good as gold. I believe this would be a good mower for me, but like to hear your scoop on them please.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #2  
I just bought a GR2120. Have about 2.5 acres that need mowed regularly and much of that is nice lawn under sprinklers around house. I wanted diesel and the JD's were just to high a price since I didn't want a garden tractor just a good mower. Lots of oak trees and an in ground pool to get around too. A small tractor with a finish mower just was going to weigh to much (sprinklers) and not be nimble around house pool and trees. The whole thing is big enough though that a big box store riding mower was not going to hack it, so the GR2120 fit the job well. I had read that they had some issues with glide steer in the early models but that it has been solved. Sounds like quality control was lacking at Kubota for awhile. The machine is very smooth and more quite than you you expect. I'm about 240lbs and very comfortable on it, lost of room. It is a Kubota, beautiful made machine with aluminum casting in the front steering, fit finish assembly is up to Kubota standards., and that Kubota engine is up front. No sure you could go wrong with this mower, very elegant and powerful.

HS

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #3  
I am in similar situation. Have L3940, so I do not need a BX. I need to replace my John Deere LX188 rider now, so I am looking at the GR2120, 48" deck, and snow blower. My big question, are these solid reliable machines now? Keep the replies coming please. Philip.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #4  
I really like the height control, makes a great cut on home lawn. I can set that at 2.25in, and when I get out in the rough stuff change to 3.0in. Couldn't be easer. Not sure if it will last forever but looking at the machine it's built beautifully. Ill take my chance. Glide steer is a very sophisticated system, I can see keeping the machine clean and maintained will be big on it working properly.

HS.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay
I jumped ship and will probably end up with a Deer X540. Going to test ride tomorrow afternoon.
I been reading all day...off and on....about the GR2120. Read so much bad stuff about the older variation of it, that it scared me away from kubota mowers. Dealers tell me that the new version "GR2120" does not have the problems anymore, but since when do i believe dealers....Haven't really read anything negative on them, but then they are new and might be to early to tell. Just don't feel like taking any chances.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #6  
The GR2120 has been out for two years, I have not read of any problems with these unlike the earlier series.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay
Went to test drive the GR2120 today after a bad John Deer purchase experience. Glad it happend, because the GR seems smoother and quieter, even with the diesel engine. 4WD works darn good. Drove along dealers slope along the road. It had just stopped raining and the grass was wet. Never slipped at all, but i was worried it will flip over. Was kind of a steep slope. The only thing i will have to get used to is the steering wheel location, which is lower then any rider i'v tried out. Delivery time should be end of this week. They have to bring one in with a 54 deck. Fresh out of the crate and hasn't been sitting around. Love it. Will post pics when i have it.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #9  
Went to test drive the GR2120 today after a bad John Deer purchase experience. Glad it happend, because the GR seems smoother and quieter, even with the diesel engine. 4WD works darn good. Drove along dealers slope along the road. It had just stopped raining and the grass was wet. Never slipped at all, but i was worried it will flip over. Was kind of a steep slope. The only thing i will have to get used to is the steering wheel location, which is lower then any rider i'v tried out. Delivery time should be end of this week. They have to bring one in with a 54 deck. Fresh out of the crate and hasn't been sitting around. Love it. Will post pics when i have it.

Congrats. Just finished reading your JD thread and saw the surprise ending then flipped over here to read the rest of the story. Don't forget tho pics.

/ GR2120 Yea or Nay #10  
Congratulations. Hope you have better luck with this purchase. Your experience at the JD dealers is exactly why I did not purchase one. Nothing against the product, just bad service from the dealer.

Around here if your not in the "click" (buying a new $150k + tractor every year) then they don't get up from their desk to greet you at the door.