BX 2660/2360 Mulching Kit Blade Gap - Blades hitting

/ BX 2660/2360 Mulching Kit Blade Gap - Blades hitting #1  

ytechie

Tractor
BX2660
I installed the mulching kit and blades on my 60" mowing deck. Everything looked great, except that the blades were close, but not touching. Fired it up, and they're close enough that vibration will cause the blades to head each other occasionally. It's probably a bad idea, but they should wear down at the corners pretty quick and stop hitting.

My dealer is contacting Kubota to determine if I got the wrong blades, but other than the gap between them, they look correct.

Can someone with this kit and these blades let me know how close together they should be?

/ BX 2660/2360 Mulching Kit Blade Gap - Blades hitting #2  
I had the kit on my 54, then removed it and put Oregon Gator mulcher blades on. The Gators work better IMHO.

As to contact, both the factory blades and the gators touched slightly at a specific positioning between 2 blades. Very slight contact, but enough to make me address it.

The contact point in my experience was about 1/2"-3/4" back from the cutting edge. There is a slight bow outward there. What I did was leave the cutting edge area in tact and grind a bit off the sides at that 1/2 to 3/4 point. Then you HAVE to re-balance the blades. A nail, nailed into the wall and an angle grinder will work to get the blades back in balance