Kubota ZTR and their rear discharge deck

/ Kubota ZTR and their rear discharge deck #1  

plasmaguy

Tractor
IH 1026
I am new to this forum and posted my question on rear discharge decks in the wrong forum so here goes.

Can someone explain the Kubota design for their r.d. deck.
1. Do the first and third blade counter rotate?
2. Are all blades the same?
3. If question one is true then how is the counter rotation achieved?

The dealer couldn't answer my question.

Thanks,

Tom

/ Kubota ZTR and their rear discharge deck #2  
:):thumbsup: Good to see a man doing his research before pulling the trigger. You've already saved about $1300 soooo now contact Barlows and get a price delivered to your door from them and they may also know about the blades and yes, the 3 blades are the same. I'm getting ready to buy a back up set and they are $20 each at Barlows. I have 72" decks. First F was a 60"

/ Kubota ZTR and their rear discharge deck
John,

Waiting on a call from Brady at Barlow's.

I'll let you know how I do.

Thanks,

Tom

/ Kubota ZTR and their rear discharge deck #4  
I am new to this forum and posted my question on rear discharge decks in the wrong forum so here goes.

Thanks,

Tom

Some of those rear discharge mowers clump the grass pretty bad. Not sure about Kubota

/ Kubota ZTR and their rear discharge deck #5  
Some of those rear discharge mowers clump the grass pretty bad. Not sure about Kubota
Have never had any clumping problems with rear discharge decks clumping unless I was mowing 2 ft tall heavy thick grass and it was no different than my side discharge decks would have done with the same grass. Have used 3 different brands of rear finish mowers and the last 2 were/are Kubota and currently have a 72" rear and a 72" side decks on 2 different Kubotas and prefer the rear discharge. Just my opinion from my 10 years experience using both on tractors .Have had several MMMs on BXs and they were side discharge.

/ Kubota ZTR and their rear discharge deck #6  
I own an ZD326 that has the 60" rear discharge deck. The only time I have issues with clumping or windrow type effect is when like John says I'm trying to cut 2 foot tall grass. I did add gator type blades to mine last summer and that has helped even those extreme times when we get long periods of rain and I can't mow.

/ Kubota ZTR and their rear discharge deck #7  

Thanks,

Tom

They blades rotate the same way and all the blades are the same size. I don't remember exactly their length but there are three.